Repurpose

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Dagwood, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Member

20161028_160734.jpg 20161028_160821.jpg
    Wanted a cross draw sheath for my esee 4 didn't have the money so I repurposed a couple old leather sheaths and canvas strap I had laying around......some hackin, cuttin, burnin, ton of swears, couple screws, a ball stud, a cordless drill and some thread and this is what I got. I know it's ugly and hacked together but that's what happens when you repurpose stuff.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    JMJ, Strigidae, mtngoat and 2 others like this.
  2. JAD

JAD Member

First of all, I find it to be very appealing, starting with its utilitarian purpose.
    Second of all, repurposing is how I justify hoarding in my basement where I almost can't throw anything away, just in case I can use it for something else.
    Lastly, I hate the word "repurpose" because it is one of those very trendy made up words so common in our culture today. :eek:

I am going to look for some of my repurposed crap and try to post some pics. I like this thread and hope it gains some traction.

JMJ, Strigidae and Dagwood like this.
  3. JAD

JAD Member

Here you go with one of my easy ones. This is an old Craftsman screwdriver. I have a tool bag that probably has more than 30 orphaned screwdrivers and wrenches where I can't find the set they used to belong to.

[​IMG]

I ground the tip to make myself a Hinderer tool. This tip worked incredibly well. Sadly, I no longer own a Hinderer. My repurposed screwdriver:

[​IMG]

Dagwood likes this.
  4. Dagwood

Dagwood Member

I don't like throwing stuff out right away. I'll give it a month before I do. that usually gives me enough time to figure out what I want to do with it. I also hope this thread picks up steam it'd be good to see some ideas for the stuff I got laying around

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Member

1477750761475-630770764.jpg
    Used the rest of the canvas strap to make a removable drop loop. that way I can also carry vertical with a small pouch. this creation is versatile

JMJ, Strigidae, ozbushy and 1 other person like this.