Show off your vehicle

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Strigidae, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Base frame for my deck is welded....painted....located and ready for the top to go on......bloody upholsterer has had that for nearly three weeks now and only ordered the covering on Wednesday.....hopefully I can finish this part up by next weekend....

[​IMG]

2. Skip808

Skip808 Member

Very nice looking setup!!

3. Andy the Aussie

Replicating what my last truck had, just getting annoyed that it is taking so long....LOL

Strigidae, Skip808 and TerryD like this.
  4. DirtySouth

DirtySouth Member

I needed some room in the garage today so I could start listing my no longer used motorcycle items, so I got 3 out of 4 of our vehicles lined up. Who else likes Yotas like I do?

20200705_171739.jpg

5. Andy the Aussie

..... I probably don't need to respond to you , but I thought I would just put my hand up quietly :D

DirtySouth and R Stowe like this.
  6. Skip808

Skip808 Member

You’d fit in here in Hawaii Tacoma’s and 4 runners are the official state vehicles. Kids here don’t dream of Ferrari’s they want lifted Tacos running 33s

7. Andy the Aussie

Deck halves back from the upholsterer last night.....

[​IMG]

Installed....a bit tighter than I expected but I managed to lever them in, maybe needed 4mm of the centre edge of each to have made it easier....but they are NOT moving now... :D

[​IMG]

Fridge where it sits for a trip....

[​IMG]

And with most of the "junk" that lives and travels back there.....

[​IMG]

Got some Frontrunner Wolf Pack boxes and high lids this week as well. They fit nicely two deep each side (so four boxes) under the deck. Will probably go with 3x of those in the long run for storage and leave the rear drivers side for the sleep setup (US Woodland you see at the back) air compressor, boots and jacket etc that are easily accessible, I am trialling one of the bags of recovery kit there at the moment as well.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  8. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

So, what is the end goal of all of these modifications?

TerryD likes this.
  9. TerryD

TerryD Member

Looks good Andy! That'll really improve the cargo area usefulness!

10. TerryD

TerryD Member

Rough day here for me and the X. Started as a day of routine maintenance.

First thing is the t-case. Pulled the plug and there was a LOT of metal on the magnet. Huh....

Well I noticed the front output seal was also leaking, which isn't uncommon for these, but then it clicked! Leak + metal shavings? Have the output a shake and sure enough, the front output bearings are toast. Lots of play.... So I refilled it with cheap fluid for now because the case is a pain to get out of this thing and I don't have a spare at the moment.

Next was the rear diff. PINION SEAL IS LEAKING TOO! Luckily I had the seal, shield and pinion nut laying in my parts box for it. So I pulled the flange, beat the old seal and shield out and got that fixed. Everything else on the diff looked good. Put my ARB cover on while I was in there too.

20200711_103844.jpg

The engine oil and front diff fluids went off without a hitch. Rotated the tires and also replaced a couple clamps on the exhaust heat shields with hose clamps to stop some rattles....

Now to price t-cases and decide when I want to tackle that little chore....

Datilite and Strigidae like this.
  11. Andy the Aussie

...... it sure does.....the mate who bought my old truck didn't realise how much till he took his wife and daughter away for a three week trip. He was a convert by the time they got back !!!

Bugger about the bearings though !!!! I did a pinion seal in my old Landcruiser while on a six week trip in the Northern Territory here. Of course it happened on the wrong side of several river crossings but I had no choice but to drive back out with it. All that oil makes it look worse than it was thankfully !!

Strigidae and TerryD like this.
  12. Andy the Aussie

Simple addition, this is a mesh zip pouch designed to attach with the zip down fo the waist belt of an ALICE Pack frame. Nominally it’s to hold a issue “Hootchie” with is basically a tarp (or shelter 1/2). They were on clearance with the maker here and I took a gamble it would hold my Brit Army rain jacket (a “goretex” like material). That jacket is one of my favourite bits of gear and gets used whenever there is rain. It normally have lived in a pocket of my seat back but with me looking at adding MOLLE panels to the back of the seats it ended a new home. This is a perfect fit and straps to the cargo barrier and remains in place even when I fold the seat forward.....

3766DFFD-28CB-4462-A4C6-51518E16AA52.jpeg

C99c, Strigidae and TerryD like this.
  13. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

That bag is awesome!!

14. TerryD

TerryD Member

Got the wings trimmed up and finger holes drilled and cleaned up. Got to play with my new Milwaukee jigsaw and Porter Cable router! I think it came out nice.

Next step is to pull them out and stain and poly them. I'm going with a gray stain and going to attempt to two tone it light and dark to match the interior.

20200713_171858.jpg

20200713_171902.jpg

C99c and Strigidae like this.
  15. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Looks very professional!!!

TerryD likes this.
  16. Andy the Aussie

Looks excellent Terry !!!! That ply is also MUCH better quality than the rubbish that most store have here now. If I were not covering it, it would have been almost unusable to me !!

TerryD and Strigidae like this.
  17. TerryD

TerryD Member

Thanks fellas! I'm happy with how it's turning out! I've got to add some fronts to the spaces on the sides of the cabinet. The things I have in there keep migrating out into the big space behind the rear seats.

I've got to sort out some other mechanical issues first though and my truck still needs the new brakes installed before our vacation next month.

18. SteveG

SteveG Member

Hahaha! So true! If only their management systems were as good as the mechanical!

TerryD likes this.
  19. Andy the Aussie

The 76 at sunset on Wednesday evening....... temps were down below zero each night I was away but we had a honking big fire in the old hut....getting out to hunt in the mornings proved difficult though... ;)

[​IMG]

20. TerryD

TerryD Member

Went riding with some buddies this weekend. Had to strait up drag the X up the bypass with the winch, riding the sliders and frame rails the whole way and the rear locker got a heck of a workout. But it was a fun trip. One guy toppled his truck after rescuing some kids who shouldn't have been out there. He was pretty pissed about that.

20200724_203642.jpg