recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Ordered this the other day. I didn't think they'd get here this fast but at almost $40 for 100 rds... They should be. Screenshot_20200408-084305_Gmail.jpg Geez.

2. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Not a purchase and nothing too special, but a gift from a retired army friend of mine. 20200408_113922.jpg

Strigidae, JV3, IW17 and 1 other person like this.
  3. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Time to make some lanyards!

Drew RedBear likes this.
  4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Just made one for my jg3 lol. I think I screwed up on the diamond knot though. Ah well , it's functional. 20200408_142756.jpg

Twoody88, Strigidae and OKcherokee like this.
  5. JV3

JV3 Member

troy a4 other firearm...10.5" barrel, flash hider, collapsible arm-brace and it's still legal in nj :eek:

[​IMG]

takes glock 9 mm mags...gotta love these creative people finding ways around our ill-conceived laws :D

[​IMG]

first impression is awesome...the machining, fit & finish...everything feels tight. my only complaint is the texture and the gap between the grip and trigger guard instantly bothers my hand (my middle finger's middle joint is directly against it).

[​IMG]

when i jammed a piece of paper in the gap it was a million times better so a switch to a bcm is a must right away for me.

[​IMG]

also the mag that comes with it is a double-stack 10-rounder (top)...what a useless mag! they should've included instead a g17's mag (bottom) so it fits a wider range of glocks too.

[​IMG]

with my 14.5" mid-length bcm above...the troy is so much shorter and lighter it feels like a toy.

[​IMG]

C99c, Kevin, Strigidae and 6 others like this.
  6. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

@JV3 I got the 12.7” LWRC. Piston driven of course. I’m glad to see the 9mm though. I need one of those.

JV3 likes this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Got the rounds in, now I just need a few more magazines.. 20200409_140646.jpg

8. Kevo

Kevo Member

@JV3 it already take Glock mags, needs the risk of Glock knuckle for that extra authenticity.

C99c and JV3 like this.
  9. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm still looking at that lwrc other firearm...still can't decide if i want a gas or piston is the main hold up.

my go-to gun is the glock 17 (it's what i shoot the best out of all my pistols) so the caliber and mag compatibility definitely was the main deciding factor...i like my 1911 and h&k but maaan, everyone and their grandma have glocks :D i can almost guarantee i can go anywhere and find ammo & mag for it faster than any platform by far.

haha! this troy is far worse though...i think i got used to my glocks since it doesn't bother me (g17 and g43 anyway...the thicker grip ones like the g21 might but i don't have enough time with them to really say).

10. TerryD

TerryD Member

Gotta drop $500 on an axle shaft for my Xterra so that stainless break down 10/22 is gonna have to wait. :(

I did buy a water spout for my military water can. That'll help out around camp.

11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

All true @JV3. I got the Ruger PC Carbine which is a fun range toy that also takes glock mags. Magpul, this year, is coming out with their backpacker stock for it like I have on my 10/22. It makes it hard for me to justify a 9mm AR.

gotta get rid of that awful grip too. Magpul or Wilson Combat starburst is all I run now.

C99c, JV3, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  12. JV3

JV3 Member

i ordered a bcm grip as soon as i felt the troy grip...good thing ar-15 parts fits it including the charging handle.

yeah, magpul is really hitting it out of the park with their stocks...i want that 10/22 with the backpacker stock too.

13. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

installed mine last night finally. It stores a magazine plus a 50rd box of ammo in the butt OR 3 magazines. The Ruger PC Carbine version will hold a 21 round Glock 9 or .40 mag

F58E9220-F79F-4EBF-B722-8650604980EB.jpeg

14. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Tyres, rims, new hubs and bearings etc ready to fit up but it rained today.....tomorrow....

image5.jpeg image4.jpeg

Frigin, JV3, Strigidae and 5 others like this.
  15. TerryD

TerryD Member

Traded into this CR2.5 and it arrived today. Touched the edge up on my stone and I've been carrying it around this evening. So far I'm really a fan. I don't think there's much chance it'll supplant my RB3 anytime soon but I really like it so far.

20200413_132043.jpg

16. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Rig it up for a neck knife and your all set. Its fantastic for that. Tip up in a kydex.

17. TerryD

TerryD Member

I'll look into it but I can't think of a situation I've been in that a knife around my neck would have helped. I prefer the leather sheath in my belt for now.

When do you find a neck knife handy?

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  18. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

All the time. Might be just my personal preference though. Leather tie in case it gets caught or stuck or a breakaway part.

I use two knives. One is clean for my food etc and another for dirty work. Neck knife is my clean one.

19. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Yesterday was a quick visit to the autoparts place for some new mudflaps for the trailer and some plugs/wiring and heat shrink so I can replace all the wiring for the trailers tail lights after an unfortunate incident with the wire wheel on the drill....

Strigidae and TerryD like this.
  20. TerryD

TerryD Member

I'll look into it. I have a CRKT fixed blade I could carry like that easily. Might lace it up and give it a go.

Strigidae and The Marsh Gorilla like this.