Coronavirus Concerns

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Delkancott, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Gas prices are lower right now. That helps folks avoid spending more than normal.

The Marsh Gorilla, C99c and ASH like this.
  2. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Gas was $1.77 a gallon by us this morning.

Wisconsin governor is giving it a new name and is issuing a "safer at home" order. It is effective tomorrow morning thru April 24th...

3. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I like that better than quarantine.

The Marsh Gorilla and JV3 like this.
  4. C99c

C99c Member

5. ASH

ASH Member

I'm trying to get sent home from work. The boss was out for a day and a half last week with a fever. Then she was out yesterday and half of today with diarrhea. A woman at a bank in the next town tested positive and the mom of one of the girls that works for my girlfriend has a desk right next to her. She is also the secretary for one of my coworkers girlfriend's uncle and the uncle was at her house yesterday. The boss freaked out when I walked through the office to get to the tool room. Then I was sitting in the office talking to the service manager and he brought in the parts tote from outside. He sanatized his hands after opening the tote. I told him that was a good idea since our parts come from Atlanta, then the boss shut both of the doors to her office. So I let out a cough as I was heading back out to the shop.

6. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Yer a bad man, but I like where your heads at.

7. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I was thinking that having a couple weeks off where no customers have a reason to call me would be kinda nice.

8. SEMO

SEMO Member

Southeast MO, Mississippi River Bottom flatland
    Gas is $1.49.
    Lowest I have seen in many years.
    No sugar, self rising flour, rice, canned green beans, AND the crappie aren’t turned on yet.

CWB, Frigin, Strigidae and 2 others like this.
  9. IW17

IW17 Member

Lowest I've seen is $1.53. Stores have pretty much everything now, with limits on things like bread, chicken, eggs, tp and flour.

And the crappie are turning on early this year @SEMO. However my job decided that we're "essential" so I'm back to adulting and can't be on the water... Boo. :confused:

The Marsh Gorilla, ESEE-Fan and Zeek like this.
  10. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

I have to work tomorrow, not sure very many people will be coming in for fishing gear but I'm sure we will
    get those special customers that think this is still just a hoax.

11. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

The $hit is going to hit the in my house tomorrow...
    Spent almost 3 weeks with a FM in the hospital as all this virus craziness was unfolding..
    Not being able to leave the hospital for to long and stock up on supplies +a little cabin fever shopping.
    Somehow the stars are lining up and since every item appears to have shipped in a different box...
    I think I’m at about 10 packages that are coming in tomorrow...
    10 packages of virus craziness related supplies all showing up on the same day... Pretty sure the wifey is going to bury me in the backyard...
    But HeY! Doesn’t look like I’m running out of supplies anytime soon now :)
    Win, Loose, Win?? Maybe...

Bluelew, Adventurer and ASH like this.
  12. JV3

JV3 Member

[​IMG]

my buddy sent me this pic of the subway to nyc this morning...he said he was the only one in the whole train as far as he can tell :eek:

usually, it's so packed i have to wait 10 minutes and skip 1-2 trains because i don't feel like getting a free lap dance :D all kidding aside, this is just damn shocking to me how empty it is!

i've always wanted to ride my bike through the tunnels and into nyc and just hear that loud exhaust bounce around the buildings...this is a good time i guess to check that off my bucket list...be careful what you wish for is true :(

13. JV3

JV3 Member

[​IMG]

world trade center during rush hour is so packed...usually, you can't even deviate from walking in a straight line without looking on your side first to prevent side-swiping someone.

14. ASH

ASH Member

All the cities are issuing stay at home orders around here in South Georgia. My boss didn't come in until about 11 today and I just heard her coughing in her office.She commented to her daughter the GM and sales manager about how us guys in the service department (there's only 4of us) were just joking about the virus. They just don't have a sense of humor we have been talking this more serious than anyone else around here. Up until about 2 days ago the GM had been ranting about how it's a hoax and it's not as bad as the flu. People are strange. The boss is terrified and is sick but won't stay home.

15. C99c

C99c Member

I just got home from a mandatory 12 hr road trip. Surprising how many people are still out and about, but I guess it's primarily folks going to work, etc. A lot of truely nonessential employers seem to be struggling with how to handle this mess. Our governor hasn't placed any true restrictions on them yet.

Going fishing tomorrow. I hope that the throngs of people I noticed today at every trailhead and park I passed don't mean an extra busy creek, but it probably does. Just means I'll have to hike farther to get away from the crowds which is fine too.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    JV3, IW17 and Delkancott like this.
  16. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Eugene, Or. today,
    Went to 3 stores looking for paper goods, rubbing alcohol and of course the weekly supply of food.
    Store 1, Bi Mart, none of things we needed were in stock, they did have small and large pistol primers and Red Dot, Green Dot powder for pistol/shotgun all in very small quantities. Rifle powders we're mostly gone, they had BLC 2 (5.56 powder). No rifle primers. Didn't need any, didn't buy any.
    Store 2, winco, they had paper towels and flour but no yeast, TP or rubbing alcohol.
    Store 3, Albertsons, They had the toilet paper in four and 6 packs, which is great because Mother in law is out of TP.
    Observations:
    I saw a HI Point 45 ACP for the first time today, Geebus that thing makes my USP T 45 look small. But at $ 160 it was available.

17. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

I'm off work for two weeks as of right now, but my work is paying me for the two week...
    I would rather collect unemployment.

[​IMG]

The Marsh Gorilla, CWB, IW17 and 4 others like this.
  18. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

They are removing some playground equipment and basketball goals around here.

I guess people are disregarding or breaking the barriers at playgrounds and sports courts and continuing to gather in large groups there.

The Marsh Gorilla, JV3 and C99c like this.
  19. C99c

C99c Member

Same here. And some of our more popular state parks will probably be shut down soon due to the crowds. I know they had to limit hikers on a couple of the waterfall trails at Cloudland Canyon SP this past weekend. It's not going to feasible to keep doing that so they will end up just closing the gates.

That, in turn, will push more folks into the national forest and WMAs, which also have implemented restrictions and will be forced to do more.

Anyone who has ever thought that they would rely on the fantasy of "going into the woods and surviving on fish and game" in case of a breakdown of society should take a good look at their local fisheries right now. There are definitely more people out fishing than normal this time of year here locally. And that is with food readily available still almost everywhere.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    The Marsh Gorilla, JV3, IW17 and 2 others like this.
  20. C99c

C99c Member