Entertainment During Lockdown

Discussion in 'EXPAT Knives®' started by Expat, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Like most of you I have projects I’m working on. And a lot of financial work. I also like to sleep for 16 hours a day. That’s how I got through prison.

But for entertainment, what are you guys reading, watching, etc?

Twoody88, Strigidae and Rook52 like this.
  2. ASH

ASH Member

Screw lockdown, I am going for a motorcycle ride. I was planning to work on the garden today, but was out of commission with a headache most of the day. Stupid pollen is killing me.

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and Rook52 like this.
  3. IW17

IW17 Member

I'm not on lock down since my job is considered essential. But when I'm off I've been fishing and shed hunting quite a bit. Otherwise mostly doing odd chores around the house that I've been avoiding.

I'm thinking about starting a few projects, but I'm waiting to see what's going on with work. I'm still working at the moment but you never know. I'd rather not get halfway through something just to realize that the paychecks aren't coming in.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  4. Expat

I’ve been doing some shed hunting myself. With no luck.

We have tornadoes tonight so tomorrow’s entertainment might be picking up my belongings over a 10 sq mile area.

Strigidae, Frigin and Rook52 like this.
  5. IW17

IW17 Member

I've found two sides and a match set from last year. I was hoping to go tomorrow but we just walked downstairs to find water in the basement from all the damn rain so I think my Sunday is already planned for me.

Stay safe with the weather. We had tornado sirens going off here around lunchtime. Not sure if anything actually happened or it was just a warning. I haven't seen anything on the news.

6. Rook52

Rook52 Member

Reloading, shed hunting, and knocking out the hunny do list. All the ranges are closed so I can’t really shoot anymore. I’ll get the list all done so when the ranges open I can spend some time out there. I still have to work but the weekends are dedicated to the hunny do list :)

Zeek likes this.
  7. IW17

IW17 Member

8. ASH

ASH Member

I forgot some of you don't have to work. I am just off because it's the weekend. I need a lock down so I can get some stuff done at home.

OKcherokee and Zeek like this.
  9. Frigin

Frigin Member

Well I have a ton of raking around the yard so that’s nice to get caught up!
    Me and the kids, wife have been hiking twice a day. So that’s always good and what we normally do anyway.
    The bad part went for a nice long quad ride today got half way threw the ride and figured out why my quad was making a banging noise. my rear compartment was open..........my water was missing and my esee 6...... so tomorrow I’ll be doing a woods run to see if I can recover it. Fml
    Bad luck lately and It’s getting me down

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  10. Rich275

Rich275 Member

My college age kids, who were just supposed to be home this week for Spring break, are now apparently going to be home FOREVER!
    To punish them for eating more food than we had, my wife and I forced them to watch U2, Live At Red Rocks and U2 Rattle And Hum concerts. Great stuff, live, loud and they really enjoy us singing along.

11. Expat

That Rattle and Hum was good.

Strigidae and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  12. ASH

ASH Member

We just got back from a 105 mile ride. It was nice out tonight, we hit 4 different counties. I came closer than I have ever before to hitting a deer though. I stopped 10 miles after leaving the house to get ethanol free gas and my crazy ass gf decided she needed to go in that nasty gas station to pee.

Twoody88 likes this.
  13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

No lockdown for either me or the Mrs......no matter what stage we get to here....thank God really one of us would end up dead... :D Two actual days off so doing "essential stuff" around the house, check run and loading of the genny, getting all my antiseptic/disinfectant etc in one place (had concentrated mix bottles of it all over the house/cars/shed0, and cleaned out my work car for the first time in a couple of months, gave all the surfaces an antibacterial wipe so I am starting "fresh" again tomorrow. Also located my spare respirator filters (NBC - overkill for my work but they are what I had) and stuck them in my kit bag in the boot of the car. Wiped down my other work kit that I have to handle day in and out so I am also starting fresh with it. Washed my flame resistant overalls and packed them as well as my usual ones.

Oh and bought some extra alkeyhol in case I decide to face Armageddon with a happy buzz on !!!!!!!

14. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Working on the farmhouse and doing typical spring work on the farm. For entertainment? Walks, shooting and being thoroughly let down by tv programming.

Zeek, The Marsh Gorilla and ASH like this.
  15. TerryD

TerryD Member

I've been working on the Xterra, trying to keep the kids from wrecking the house and working on little projects that come up.

A buddy and I made some Kydex sheaths for a cheap hatchet I want to carry in my pickup.

Yesterday the family took a nice long ride through the countryside in my pickup. We hit a few creek crossings and got some snide looks from Jeeper who didn't think a 20' long 3/4t crew cab on 32's should be out riding on their gravel road...

Today it has started raining so I don't know what I'll get in to. Might go down and tinker in the basement some. I've got another set of casters to put on a spare tool box down there and need to do some organizing.

ANYONE WANNA BUY SOME CRAP?!?

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  16. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

I'm busy digging mass graves in Alabama. According to the last chart I saw 5,000,000 Alabamians would be dead within 180 days and we only have 4.8 million in the state.

Twoody88, C99c, Strigidae and 4 others like this.
  17. KMCMICHAEL

KMCMICHAEL Member

I am biking and running trying to lose the 10 lbs I gained over winter. My wife had knee surgery 4 weeks ago and I am doing all the cooking, cleaning, fetching and general slaving. I am reading Jordan Peterson’s 12 steps. Many recommend the Tiger King. We tried it but felt like we needed a shower after watching.
    My next project is to sharpen some knives and straight razors.
    My sons dog is my new running mate. He can run forever but is a pain due to his size.
    I have not had to wear a shoe for 4 weeks 4F605CA1-3B7E-4A17-AE87-D4BC7B928D5E.jpeg

18. Expat

Y’all are industrious people. I was hoping to have a list of 6 hours of television to watch a day.

I guess I’ll just come up with a list myself then.

The one time in our lives most of us are told to sit home and do nothing and no ones taking advantage of it.

19. Expat

That must be a massive dog cause I know you’re basically a giant.

Strigidae and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  20. TerryD

TerryD Member

I have too much crap is my issue. Always something that needs doing...

Frigin, The Marsh Gorilla and ASH like this.