In full lockdown!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stewart, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Stewart

Stewart Member

Well Team,

Here in NZ its day 1 of our 4 week lockdown. This could go on longer and I would imagine our borders will remain closed untill the rest of the world has got their **** sorted so at least 18months.

This is just a quick reminder, chances are if your in a Western country and your not allready in lockdown you may well be.

Get yourselves sorted and ready to settle in at home, all the stuff we have talked about for years on this forum.

And washing your hands like youve just cut a mile of chilli and your about to rub your eyes......

God bless!

Drew RedBear, JV3, TerryD and 5 others like this.
  2. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Yep I’ve got a close friend in Christchurch that told me. You guys be safe.

3. Stewart

Stewart Member

Thanks Jeff,

I saw this coming months ago so have my my eggs in a row. Take care of yourself and your toilet paper!

4. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Member

Keep up with the updates. Please.
    Post up your thought's, obsevations, poems, a soliloquy.

Stewart likes this.
  5. CWB

CWB Member

this stuff is spreading like a tumbleweed fire.

Stewart likes this.
  6. Stewart

Stewart Member

Sure is, I live in a rural area, so hopefully we should be good
    Im at the final stages of building our home so I have ammassed pretty much everything needed to finish it so I have plenty to do, Its actually a silver lining.

My thoughts so far on this is its a good thing for everyone.
    Its making people realise whats truly important and how fragile our society truly is. Hopefully when this is said and done we ask some big questions about Government and Media and hopefully move towards a more nationalist, self reliant world view. I see this as the end of globalism.

7. IW17

IW17 Member

Well put. Agree 100%.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  8. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Good to hear from you Mate !!!!!!! I suspect we will move to this by the start of next week. We are at Stage 2 now so most businesses allowed to trade but nothing that allows gatherings such as cinema, food courts, restaurants/dining (they can see take away food but no sit down meals) pubs/clubs/bars etc. Even the brothels have been closed !!!

By next week it will be food/essential business only open and people on their home lockdown I believe. If not by Sunday.

Strigidae likes this.
  9. Stewart

Stewart Member

The sooner the better Mate, The sooner society stops the sooner the virus dies out. I reckon you guys and us should have closed the borders 8 weeks ago.

Stay safe mate and on the brightside as the roar is cancelled damn theres going to be a stack of deer around next year!

The Marsh Gorilla and IW17 like this.
  10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Yes, this far over 95% of our cases are directly tracked to people returning or arriving from overseas. There is very very few cases that are "community infection".

Strigidae likes this.
  11. Stewart

Stewart Member

Same as us, this whole lock down could have been avoided with decisive leadership at the start. We will be asking some big questions after this for sure.

12. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I wish we would get our heads out of our behinds and just shut down for a few weeks. I work for a damn candy company that supplies most of the candy/snacks (and we deliver and service) to stores like Bass Pro, Cabelas, Rural King, Family Farm and Homes and Sportsman’s Warehouse (plus many others) and the big shots at my company somehow weaseled their way into being considered an “essential business”. That’s all well and good for everyone at our warehouse and HQ in podunk southern Illinois but half of my stores are in the Detroit area...As of today, Michigan has the 5th highest number of cases with just over 2800....and 2400 are in the three Detroit counties (Wayne,Oakland and Macomb). It really pissed me off because 4 of the 6 people in my home are considered high risk. I have heart issues and asthma, my wife has MS so she’s immunocompromised, my 11yo son has had respiratory issues since birth and my mother-in-law is 68 and pretty unhealthy. I brought this to their attention and they basically told me to make sure I washed my hands a lot. I spoke to my Dr and she said she didn’t think it was a good idea for me to be exposed like that so she wrote me a 2 week note to be off and said she would re-evaluate before I have to go back. My company filed it as unpaid FMLA leave and is making me use my vacation time/pay. Oh well it’s better than exposing my family. Plus I am getting tons done around the house and yard.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  13. Stewart

Stewart Member

Well done! its worth it in the long run, tough times financially are still better than losing your life.

Over here the government has ordered banks to give home owners a 6 month mortgage holiday and they have introduced a UBI for everyone while this goes on . Hopefully folks in the USA government do the same.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  14. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Thanks. That’s how I feel too. That’s good to hear that they are really taking care of business over there.