Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. C99c

C99c Member

One of the best things we've done was to drop satellite service back when the streaming services started. We got rid of a $100/month bill and dropped the satellite radio in my wife's car that was $15/month which was the same amount that Netflix and Hulu cost together monthly at the time. Over the last seven years or so we've saved a bunch of money and had beter content.

We currently pay less than $40/month with Hulu, Netflix, Mototrend and Disney (which we got last month to check out ). We'll likely drop Disney soon as we have no kids in the house and neither my wife or I have been watching anything on it.

I'd rather get rid of Netflix and Hulu too, but my wife isn't quite there yet.

My limited tv viewing is generally spent watching Youtube, Vimeo and Mototrend's App. The App is $5 and worth it for gear heads although last year they added a bunch of Discovery's reality garbage.

2. ASH

ASH Member

Check out Pluto tv. I found it recently it's pretty cool it works a lot like dish but is a free streaming service. It has both live channels and on demand.

3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Long story short, we went into the yearly scotch doubles 9 ball tournament 2hrs late last night and swept the field.

going back to Vegas to play in nationals again.

The Marsh Gorilla, JV3, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  4. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

@C99c does price include Hulu with live steaming? My damn Hulu is as much as cable now at $65 a month.

5. C99c

C99c Member

I don't really know the Hulu levels, but ours is only $13/month, I believe. Maybe it's the "no commercials" level? I'll have to ask the wife. Hulu is her thing.
    She has a few shows she watches on it weekly. The day after they originally air, maybe?
    I occasionally watch HIMYM or something like that on it.

6. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

upload_2020-2-16_22-32-45.jpeg

looked into my beer to see a knife shape in the foam as I was sharpening a few blades!

7. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Reorganization of the pedalboard. Still need to solder jacks on the other ends of the patch cables, then plug in and set the power cables in a very organized way.
    20200217_165533.jpg 20200217_165609.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  8. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

It’s been a long Blankety blankety blankety week...

Time to relax and play with sharp things :)

Drew RedBear likes this.
  9. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

WHOA!!!! Pics of the guitars please.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  10. Mountainmistwanderer

The black bass is a 2010 Fender Precision American Deluxe. The other is a custom imitation Fender Precision bass which was assembled by me. The 2010 will soon get an overhaul of the onboard preamp and pickups.
    FB_IMG_1582038287756.jpg FB_IMG_1582038275434.jpg

The Marsh Gorilla, JV3, Kevo and 2 others like this.
  11. Strigidae

Nice!!! I have the passive precision deluxe special or something like that. Just started learning.

12. Chris Talley

Chris Talley Member

I’ve got a P-Bass Plus with a Moses graphite neck.

13. Mountainmistwanderer

Sweet. P basses are great. Just remember the 3 rules of playing an instrument.
    1. Practice
    2. Practice
    3. Practice
    There are some great free lessons on YouTube.

14. Strigidae

No doubt. Tons and tons!

15. ASH

ASH Member

I'm tired of dealing with idiots. We had a new Jeep Wrangler come in with 5000 miles that won't stay in 4hi. It actually does but the indicator would randomly say it is in neutral. My service manager says there's something wrong with the shifter, that he tried another one on the lot and it feels different. So I pulled the console and checked out the shifter and cable. Everything was fine I even misadjusted the cable in both directions to see what it did and all it does is move the lever. There's no detents in the shifter, the lever just moves freely with the cable removed. There's no position switch in the shifter either. I tell him that the problem is in the transfer case. So he called the service manager at one of our partner dealers who does our transmission rebuilds even though I am certified to do them. He told him that it sounded like it was in the transfer case as well. So then my service manager decided he needed to open up a star case, those people are real idiots. He said they told him it's not in the transfer case to replace the shifter and the cable. So that's what he ordered. I put the Jeep on a lift today and took the exhaust, driveshaft and skid plates off so that I could remove the shifter linkage. With the linkage disconnected I put the transfer case in 4hi by hand and hooked up my computer. The computer says it's in neutral, so I could finally prove to those idiots that they are wrong. I don't know why they have to make things so freaking difficult.

I've also been dealing with the idiots at Gypsy wireless. I bought a internet plan and they can't make it work for more than a few days at a time. It's been down almost more days than it has worked so far. Every time it goes out I have to take my modem to work with me so that I can turn it on and off for them. Normally they get it back going pretty quickly but not today. They did get it fixed after about an hour though. After they got it going I turned the modem off for the rest of the day. When I got home I hooked everything up and no internet. So I have to do it all over again tomorrow.

16. Strigidae

I think is awesome you got to the problem so quickly. I wonder why your manager couldnt or wouldnt see it?

17. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

This is typical with any and all repair or service centers nowadays. They pretty much have a flow sheet that they go by to determine a problem and anyone who has experience working on something will be over-ruled every time until they can prove their flow sheet wrong. People have no logical sense anymore and can't work with their hands to actually figure a problem out. Service techs with internet companies are the worst.

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  18. Strigidae

Flow sheets are often wrong. No wonder i hate going to the dealer around here. Love my shade tree mechanic.

19. ASH

ASH Member

Ha, I'm surprised y'all didn't tl;Dr that wall of text. You're right about the Star Center, the bad part is everyone knows how bad it is. When you open a case you have to fill out a form and usually one of the first things they ask you in their reply was answered in the form.

I like my service manager but he just doesn't really know what he's doing. I'm not sure if he believed me or not, we butt heads a lot. It's really not his fault, he's the owner's son in law and came from a sales background. When the last service manager left he got stuck in the position with no training.

20. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

My new WeatherTech floor liners just showed up.