Gun Pics!

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Bcamos, Sep 8, 2016.

1. charles bower

charles bower Member

A friend of mine just bought a lever action. He fired one round and it wouldn't extract the casing. He asked me to look it over and wow talk about a polished turd.

IMG_3244.JPG

Mossberg 464 SPX, .30-30 Win

2. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

Wow! I just don't know what to say to that....

JMJ likes this.
  3. charles bower

charles bower Member

Its about as bad as Stoeger's tacticool coach gun.

I have too many questions for him when I get it back to him, starting with "why didn't you get the wood handled version?" and "why did you put a forearm grip and light and laser on it?"

It makes me sad that it's his first rifle. Makes me wish he bought a Mosin instead.

JMJ likes this.
  4. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

I think it's beautiful. You bastards.

charles bower likes this.
  5. C99c

C99c Member

I actually don't mind the small Stoegers with synthetic stocks and a rail. Know several people that have them in either O/U or SxS. They're simple, inexpensive and you can toss a light on them easily if you want.

That lever action looking thing above needs to be melted down...

JMJ likes this.
  6. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

7. Joelski

Joelski Member

That is... quite possibly the worst answer to an un-asked question I've ever encountered. That is haunting. Wow.

JMJ and Strigidae like this.
  8. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Got one of my HK 45C's back from Blown Deadline today. This one was originally the "sand" color. Had him do the "battle worn" finish to it. I love it.

The turnaround was way faster than I was expecting. They estimated 6 weeks... it look like 2. Communication was excellent throughout the process. I got a call after they received it to have a verbal discussion about what exactly I was looking for, clearing up a few questions they had from the description I sent with the gun. He texted me pics right to my cell along the way. I wanted it a little darker than the first step, so he added a little more darkening then sent another pic.

Now I don't want to put a rubber Talon grip on like my black 45C though! Maybe I'll throw some sports tape on the grip like Book of Eli style. ;)

Here are a couple of pics. I'm sure I'll be sending something else to him in the future. It would be awesome to have a custom USP 45... but I'm not sending my tan one. Maybe I'll have to pick up a used black version. Hopefully someone has those cheap PD trade-ins again soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marty W, Flex, fmrranger and 3 others like this.
  9. CWB

CWB Member

Ready for travel

[​IMG]

TWBryan, Delkancott and Outlander like this.
  10. Joelski

Joelski Member

Malice, have you looked into having your grip stippled or doing it yourself, then sending it to BDC? I've some work on stippled frames and it didn't alter the looks as much as kote then stippling would. Something to consider, and that c turned out SWEET!

11. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Yeah, I've done grip stippling in the past. I always kinda like it, but then something just drives me away and I end up selling it. My primary EDC is the black 45C with rubber Talon Grip tape and it's absolutely perfect for me. I may end up with that on here as well, but at any rate, I just seem to like grip textures that are removable if I want. Seems kind of silly in this case since the finish is not removable now... but I dunno. The only guns I've ever stippled that I didn't get sick of were the M&P's. I do a very light stippling on the back strap and the front strap, staying within the grip design lines. I also undercut the trigger guard and smooth it there. I hate stippling under the trigger guard where the middle knuckle goes... such a terrible idea.

I think I'm going to play with the hockey tape look a little and see what that does. If not, I'll probably stick the rubber talon on just to make the feel match my all black version. Function over form, I guess. I do hope the hockey tape works okay though. I think it would be better aesthetically, matching the theme.

12. Trailmaster

Trailmaster Member

How's the trigger on yours? I thought about sending mine off to gray guns but the wait times are too long

13. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

My trigger is fantastic, but I run a modified LEM on the HK 45's. I use the light LEM components except for the Trigger Return Spring. I use the heavy TRS. This is the same set up that Todd Green used for his 50k round HK45 and 90k round P30 endurance tests. The take up is a bit heavier, but I actually like it. The normal light LEM just feels weird to me. Too light and floppy. Mostly I like the reset with the heavy TRS. Just releasing the hold slightly on the trigger after the shot snaps the trigger right to the reset.

I really did it to get away from the control lever and bothered my thumb with a high grip. I wish the 45C had the rear mounted decocker like the P2000/P30... but no biggie. I tried light LEM, didn't like it. Tried heavy LEM. Didn't like it. With this set up, I really think I found the sweet spot. A bunch of dry fire practice and I really got the muscle memory locked down.

With that said, Gray Guns does some phenomenal trigger work. However, for HK work, you should send it to Rick Holm over at Lazy Wolf Guns. Rick was the one behind Gray Guns HK developments, but he has since broken off into his own enterprise. I don't know about his wait time. I suspect they are not quite as long as Bruce's... but it's the exact same amazing work, from the master. He can do miracles with either DA/SA or LEM trigger variants.

14. Trailmaster

Trailmaster Member

My 45c trigger is horrible. Very very gritty and not smooth at all. I got it used at a good price though. I've never shot any LEM versions, but have read mixed reviews. Kind of love it or hate it type thing. My 45T trigger is smooth as glass but still a little on the heavy side double action.

15. Trailmaster

Trailmaster Member

Not a great picture

IMG_2229.JPG

16. Uncle Malice

Uncle Malice Member

Yeah, DA on the 45C is quite heavy. That's one of the big advantages to LEM in this platform. LEM is a great system if you take the time to get used to it. Develop some muscle memory with it. I shot like **** with it when I first started. It's not a bullseye trigger, but it's a fantastic defensive trigger. Plenty of built-in safety, and I like the consistency.

You can put a lighter hammer spring in your 45T if you want. That will lighten it up a good bit. You can also do some polishing on the hammer and trigger bar of your 45C to smooth it out. There are walkthroughs online and I think there are even YouTube videos. If all you want it to clean up the action, you can save a ton of money by sending it to Bill Springfield (triggerwork.net) instead. He's much cheaper with a MUCH shorter turnaround time.

17. Trailmaster

Trailmaster Member

I just haven't had time to tear it down and polish the trigger bar, I think that's the main culprit.

18. Outlander

Outlander Member

Picked this up over the weekend.
    CZ 75 SP01 Tactical
    20161016_103209.jpg

Zeek and Ravenous12 like this.
  19. fmrranger

fmrranger Member

My deer rifle. .270
    [​IMG]

20. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

Gorgeous gun but I would change one thing and its a simple change....
    Instead of that black stock bullet holder, some nice leather would be sweet, just sayin :)

JMJ likes this.