Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

2. BobbyRatTail

BobbyRatTail Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Kaw-liga likes this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

So things haven't been as good as they were. I'm almost a ghost now except with dad. I guess the new wore off. My cousin who I live with has turned out to be not such a good person after all, along with her kids. Stealing from me, borrowing money and don't pay it back, her kids' drug use, and not telling her husband that I've paid them rent so he thinks I'm free loading. They go in my room also and take things. She lies to me like I'm stupid. And this is family?? Luckily I should be moving out this Friday.

OKcherokee and Strigidae like this.
  4. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Does anyone know about the camping situation for the Single Ropes course? The class description says that be sure to bring camping gear as you relocate to a state park for 2 nights.

Mostly curious if the camping location is away from our vehicles? I know at Bushcraft plenty of people just slept in there vehicles which is what I plan on doing.. I’m just curious of the practicality at the state park?

I think that @mtngoat has been to it?

I’m curios now but am going to wait to ask the boss folks until after shotshow

mtngoat likes this.
  5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Def didn’t want to like the post...
    Honestly idk if I couple live with any family but the wife and kiddos. I have found as I got older that any other family is best taken in small doses.

Hopefully you can get into a better living situation. I know that you been through the ringer to get your whole family figured out. But at-least your away from the old roommate.

6. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

We relocated to a privately farm near Bucks Pocket state park. I can not remember the owners name but he was a really nice guy, we set up tent and hammocks on his property. What is the size of tour camper, it may fit but I would ask in advance if the owner had an issue I’m sure @Jeff Randall can better answer that question after Shot show.

Most of use slept in our cars due to the rain.

It is a great class, you will definitely be much more comfortable on a rope after it. We had a great time even though it pissed rain the whole time.

Strigidae and BobbyRatTail like this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

The kids are usually only here on the weekend , the little ones anyway. My cousins kids are grown but one lives here all the time and the other once in a while. It is what it is though and I have back up from my brothers which is good to see. Two more days though and I'm out!

8. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@mtngoat
    I’m not bringing the camper to this class. Actually Hoping to have it sold by that time. Since bushcraft I managed to snag a camper shell for my truck. I was hoping to just sleep in the back of my truck but didn’t know if was a situation where we needed to “pack in” to a spot.

I figured I could get a answer after shot show. But sometimes time to plan doesn’t always line up with the answers :) I figure I can make plans now and adjust when I get additional info.

mtngoat likes this.
  9. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Send an email to Patrick for clarification if you havent already.

RocketmanDane and mtngoat like this.
  10. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

It rained? Never noticed.

mtngoat likes this.
  11. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

That’s because you were too busy talking over the whole heights thing.

Strigidae likes this.
  12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well.. I moved out of my cousins house yesterday. I had set up a camera in my room Wednesday night and caught her going in there snooping around. She found the phone (was using that camera to try and not be too open) and took it. I have video recorded of her doing it and I was at my brother's when it happened. When I got home I was locked out of the house but my cousins daughter got me in and then I went up to my room and my room door was locked. Mind you, I was outside in teen temps for almost an hour and my meds I needed to take were now locked in my room. I used a credit card to get in but the next morning she went off on me because she got caught. She didn't admit to it only that I was recording, in my own room. She has no right to go in there as I was paying rent for that. But the phone wasn't the only thing she had stolen. She had also stolen my kershaw leek, my coffee pot and my espresso maker. I guess she didn't think I would notice? Lol! Anywa , I was buying my time until I could move out and I'm back in the motel life but it's only temporary. My girlfriend moved up here and got in today. The room isn't bad at all. It has a kitchenette and it's a decent size room. Plus where we are there's so much we can walk to and so many more job opportunities.

OKcherokee and Strigidae like this.
  13. JV3

JV3 Member

you should've been sharpening your machete with jason's mask on in the living room to set the tone right off the bat.

14. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I should have huh. Lol

JV3 likes this.
  15. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Does anyone else use a po box? I just recently got my first one and I was supposed to have a package delivered today but it still says out for delivery (dispatched for delivery) Is this just another usps goof or can it take this late to deliver?

16. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I’ve used PO Boxes in the past. They are real bad about sticking to a schedule.. If they are busy, they will deliver your package when they find the time...

Drew RedBear likes this.
  17. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I’m so glad I have my IG locked down! I screen every follow request and I am glad I do! Probably 1/2 of the requests I get are “Adult” related... I’m Trying to build up my IG following. BUT not at the cost of letting those type folks possibly screw it up!

BigJake likes this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

When you're passed up to be an admin in a group, by a NEWBIE lol. Ain't no big deal, just think it's funny.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  19. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

PO Boxes here are quite different in operation to the way they seem to work in the US. I have a Po Box (and have done since the 80s everywhere I lived) as they are much more secure and get mail prior to street delivery. Being a former postal worker :D I know where the opportunities for things to get lost or wrongly delivered are and a PO box addresses all of those.

Strigidae and Drew RedBear like this.
  20. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

So, we have Netflix already.

We just found a bundle deal for Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month.

Bye bye cable bill.