Glock 44

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, Dec 10, 2019.

1. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Collect em all.

3. IW17

IW17 Member

Dammit. I just said I was done buying guns for a while.

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  4. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

Looking forward to this one. Still waiting on the carbine and single stack 10mm.

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I’ll wait for far more reviews BUT I’m really liking the YouTube videos of these that have started to come out.

6. Bozho

Bozho Member

It has the size of the 19, but only 10 rounds in the magazine. They could have fitted at least 20 with a double stack magazine.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  7. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

That carbine was in the works when I attended one of their LE courses 20 years ago.

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  8. IW17

IW17 Member

Reliability. That is glocks namesake. Stacked rimmed cartridges are not very reliable. I remember reading somewhere that kel tec would never produce a 22lr version of the pmr-30 due to feeding issues with the smaller length ammo.

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and Strigidae like this.
  9. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I might completely screw up this explanation as I am far from a gun guru.
    What I’ve read/ heard and understand is:

From a .22 caliber side of the explanation i understand it is a BAD idea to double stack .22 rounds.
    Due to the amount of variation/ looser production standards in .22 ammo in the USA think loose/ bulk packet 500 round boxes.
    Because of this .22 caliber firearms are built with with wider/ looser fitting tolerances then other caliber firearms.
    Additionally due to variation/ difficulties in producing the rim fire primer the feed system/action while “looser” needs to be physically stronger. Strong magazine springs, strong firing pins, etc.

All of these things combined “strong / greater force” on the lower tolerance round is recipe for disaster.

SO manufacturers such as Ruger and Glock build their feed systems combined with magazines accordingly.
    Glock took their 19 lower and altered the top of the 19 size magazine to work with this “looser system”. They then went with a polymer slide with metal slide pieces. The feed system is then able to be just strong enough to cycle from a .22 round but just as reliable.

I think I got that somewhat close...

There is a rumor that a 15 round magazine will be available by the time it officially ships.
    Straight from Glock they said that the threaded barrel would be available from release day.

10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I should mention with .22 Firearms in other country's the loose tolerance is apparently not the case. They take .22 firearms pretty serious in other country do to firearm regulations ETC. Apparently why .22 Ammo from places like Europe is known to be high quality.

11. Solo

Solo Member

KelTec makes a functional quad-stack .22lr pistol called the CP33. 33 rounds flush fit in the grip.

The Marsh Gorilla and IW17 like this.
  12. ASH

ASH Member

The main problem you run into is rim lock which is mostly caused by the person loading the magazine.

13. IW17

IW17 Member

True. That one is new to me. However I still think that reliability is the main reason. Glock has made their reputation based on reliable, simple, rugged firearms. Whether it's user error or a failure of the product, glock wants something fool proof that goes bang every time.

The Marsh Gorilla, Solo and Zeek like this.