What holster do you use?

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by artigas, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Bozho

Bozho Member

I recently got a Cytac CY-TG19 holster

It is an OWB thumb release holster - a bit bulky, but quite comfortable on the belt. I got it for woods carry, in case I fall on the ground, etc., I don't want to have the gun getting out of it - it is pretty secure.

Here is a picture from the web :

[​IMG]

It is for G19 up to gen 4, but fits the G45 just fine (no big surprise here).

IW17 likes this.
  2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Anyone have a recommendation for a OWB / Hip holster for a Glock 17 Gen 4 ?

For concealment options I will personally never carry a AIWB. I saw a guy take a round through his femoral artery and femur when fiddling around with his holster (Still don't know how... but he did live only because he was the luckiest S0B I have ever met. )

In the past I have carried a much smaller Glock in my front pocket but I had to pad the holster upward to keep it from digging into my leg. The holster also had a back strap to keep it in the holster so quick draw was out of the question.

So I would def be interested in a low profile OWB / hip holster that I could cover with a shirt for the 17.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  3. Kevo

Kevo Member

I've had good experience with my bravo concealment owb. It rides pretty high and tight on it's own, and the addition of their pancake clips pulls it in even further.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  4. Rich275

Rich275 Member

RocketmanDane likes this.
  5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Out of a urgent need for a new holster.. I ended up picking up locally a Blackhawk brand Serpa concealment holster which is OWB.
    Now that I have a temporary holster I am going to dig into those holsters you guys have recommended.

6. Bozho

Bozho Member

Something like this :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A friend of mine has that one for a G17 and I tested the one for G45 - it sits really close to the body and with a bit wider shirt it conceals excellent.

I will definitely get one for the winter, as currently I use AIWB holster for urban carry.

I will check if this one is sold in the US, as it is locally made and will give you a link if I find it :)

Strigidae likes this.
  7. C99c

C99c Member

I have a Raven Concealment something or other OWB and a Glock brand holster for the rare occasions (used to be classes, but I no longer take any classes that won't let me shoot from my carry setup) I need OWB.

The Glock holsters are great and really underrated and ignored to be such a versatile, inexpensive product. I keep one in every vehicle in case I need a holster or in case of injury when traveling that requires me to switch hands. Very sturdy and stable, conceal great and are like $15 or less. Hell, I've had places give them to me for free.

My only complaint about the Gen 5 Glocks is that they won't fit the holsters (without mods, anyway).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019