Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Kevo

Kevo Member

The crossed out MSRP is lower than what he was trying to charge

Drew RedBear likes this.
  2. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

He owns the gun fair and square, you have no obligation to buy it back for any price at all.

He doesn’t need any more reasons why the answer is no.

Strigidae and Drew RedBear like this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

lol it is.

he does and nope I don't.

Kevo and OKcherokee like this.
  4. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Is that a decent gun? That's a killer price.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

The reviews are pretty good on YouTube and one guy said it was a lot better than a hi-point. He shot straight with it also and quite a few rounds and never jammed either.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  6. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

A sling and a rock are better than most hi-points LOL

7. C99c

C99c Member

No. Just no. Taurus is garbage. This is just the newest POS that they are replacing older POS with. It'll likely be recalled at some point and replaced with another POS. It's something for Academy and similar places to run for very cheap because there are a lot of people who will buy anything if they think it's a deal.

You could take a Jiminez, cut it in half, insert a crushed spam can, JB Weld it back together, paint it gold, put a Chevy emblem on it and call it the Cavalier addition and someone on Youtube will give it a positive review.
    Seriously, it's 2019. We know things now. One of those things is that Taurus is junk.

8. C99c

C99c Member

And Hi Points are probably better than Taurus.

Drew RedBear, ManOfSteel and Zeek like this.
  9. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Especially the Yeet Cannon and the one covered in Benjamin’s.

10. C99c

C99c Member

1. I have no idea what a Yeet cannon is.
    2. I'm happy to continue not knowing.

Strigidae and Drew RedBear like this.
  11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Would y'all say it's worth $100? I messaged him earlier suggesting he take it to a pawn shop to see what they offered. They offered him $75. I told him I was passing on it but good luck with it. He asked if I would give him $100 for it.

12. IW17

IW17 Member

Personally I would. Despite the lack of love for taurus, $100 is a done deal. You could easily find someone to buy it from you for that if you want to get your money back.

ManOfSteel and Drew RedBear like this.
  13. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

That's what I was thinking, if not a little more. And like I said, it's brand new and never been fired so..

14. IW17

IW17 Member

Actually, I'd probably buy it, and immediately sell it for a profit just to piss him off.

Zeek, ManOfSteel and Drew RedBear like this.
  15. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Hes probably already mad he didnt just take the 150 you offered him originally lol

Drew RedBear likes this.
  16. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I think it is all becoming a little more trouble than it is worth. You may make $50 or so off of it but you will screw around to do so, you also give the guy who reneged on your first agreement another chance (something I would not do even at the lower price - he ate his crap sandwich when he walked into the Pawn Shop), then if you do flip it, your housemate will know and there will be more angst. Yes at $100 it is cheap but somethings are so for a very good reason.

Strigidae and JV3 like this.
  17. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I'm not looking to make him mad, but yes he should've taken the 150 that was originally agreed upon, and he's the one that said $100, not me. However, my roommate doesn't know my business dealings if I don't tell her and I know what you're saying @Andy the Aussie, but at that price, I might just end up keeping it for a backup gun. Two is one and one is none.. :)

18. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I’d pass.

JV3, C99c and Drew RedBear like this.
  19. C99c

C99c Member

And in case anyone thinks I'm bagging on Taurus because it's a popular thing to do, one of the few (maybe only?) semi auto pistols I regret selling in the last twenty years is a Taurus. I went to a class like ten years ago and a guy there was showing everyone the crappy little free gun his wife had won at a raffle.

It started out as a joke, but over two days, between a half a dozen guys we put over a thousand rounds through a Taurus TCP .380 during breaks in class. Someone actually had to run to walmart and buy more ammo for the second day. We were just trying to make it fail. No lube, no cleaning, just banging away with it. And it worked perfectly. The recoil wasn't bad and it was as accurate as any of the other small guns we had.

So, I went home, did some research online and when I stumbled into a pair of them a few months later for cheap I bought them. I traded one shortly after and sold the other one to a friend a few years ago.
    They were simple and just worked. I liked them more than an LCP or G42.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Drew RedBear, JV3 and Zeek like this.
  20. C99c

C99c Member

Continued to break up my rambling...

Would I recommend someone go out looking for a TCP if they were in the market for a small .380? No. The primary reason is that while the examples I shot and owed were reliable and worth the money, I've seen newer ones that weren't. And I've watched, more than once, as several new identical Taurus pistols were taken apart and laid side by side only to see that there were major differences inside. Not like stripping two Glocks and noticing that they changed a small part or improved apon some weakness without ever making it public. It's more like they run out of the correct parts and then look around for something that will almost fit and then take a file or grinder to it. Or get poorly fitting stuff from a supplier but don't really care and just "make it work".

If people want to buy cheap crap just because it's cheap, feel free. Not my money, not my business. When I strongly discourage other from something I try to look at it from the point of me when I was sixteen or twenty one and wishing that I had the wealth of resources we have now to get me started in the right direction instead of buying a big 59xx series S &W and stuffing in a Fobus meant for a Sig and trying to make it work. Or buying a 1911. Or a Gen 1 G20. Or anything that says Uncle Mikes.

Many folks who are new to guns and want something to protect theit families with don't realize that for the same or very little more money than a new POS costs you can get a lightly used, well made, proven and dependable quality firearm. I mean, you can get a newer Chevrolet Equinox for less than the price of an older 4runner or Rav4, bit is anyone going to argue that it's the better purchase?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    JV3 and Drew RedBear like this.