Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Bozho

Bozho Member

Yeah, it happened during the summer in a particularly hot day on a dark blue car that gets so hot it can literally burn you.

Drew RedBear and Bushman5 like this.
  2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Brother....its just a bump or two........in a few weeks or so, you'll look back and laugh......

promise me this: whenever something happens that throws you a curve, accept it, and go do something physical like a walk, hike, fishing etc. Then return to that curve-ball and hit it hard.

3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Oh no doubt, but the moment is stressing af lol. Things always work out, this I know, but anxiety is a female dog..

I plan on fishing this weekend and get friends will drive. He's also wanting to show me how to fire an ar-15. I've never shot one before so it'll be fun. I think he wants me to break it down and put it back together also.. YouTube here I come :D

RocketmanDane and Bushman5 like this.
  4. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Been wearing a pair of Keen high tops for about 2 weeks now. As they are new to me and we’re in like new condition I was a little hesitant about them.
    Well after wearing them half the day ( My most active part of the day) and then to my normal shoes I think I’ve got them well on the path to broken in.

Bushman5, Drew RedBear and Strigidae like this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well it's gonna be 95 degrees the next two days not including the heat index so fishing is out. But I'm working on a little something.. 20190621_133859.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  6. JV3

JV3 Member

just before you shoot that ar-15 yell "bust 'em!".

RocketmanDane and Drew RedBear like this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Lol will do

JV3 and RocketmanDane like this.
  8. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Drew RedBear
    Love me some AR-15 action :)
    I know people have mixed feelings/ opinions on its design and it reliability.. But for me atleast it’s just fun to shoot! Esp if you get to fitted and tricked out exactly the way you want it :).

Drew RedBear and Jeremiah Jones like this.
  9. Black5

Black5 Member

They've a bad reputation from decades ago that is perpetuated by internet commandos.

Remember, one of the "problems" a YouTuber described was the logo on an Esee knife would rust.:p

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

There are also good and bad ARs. When there was "Colt" only it was easier to have confidence you got something decent (not saying that Colt are perfect by any means but it was for years a field of one). Once all manner of players with all manner of quality got into the market, particularly in the last 10 or so years, this gets more difficult especially buying second hand. Out of interest, here the F88 (Australian made Steyr AUG) has been issue since 1988, from the mid-90s the Special Forces have used M4s. As I understand it now as the rest of the ADF converts to the F90 the SF have gone with H&K 416. The H&K 417 is already issued to the Infantry types as a DMR.

11. Black5

Black5 Member

And then there's the kitchen counter gunsmith assembling the ARs. Some know what they're doing, others...well..

I remember the 70-80s when a lot of 1911s were created on the kitchen table.

12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well I'll probably never own an ar-15, but I'm sure it'll be fun to shoot. That and I can add it to the list of firearms I've shot, which isn't much lol.

13. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

My buddy bought a GT-R a while back. Finally got to take a ride in it. I’m now questioning whether I actually need children or I should get a vasectomy and buy a bunch of super cars.

14. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Well I talked to my dad briefly today, through messenger, but he was busy doing something so he wants me to CALL him tomorrow.... I have to admit I'm a little nervous.. Well a lot nervous...

15. JV3

JV3 Member

i think you need to get another superbike to refresh your memory :) after getting into bikes i don't think i'll ever find any car anywhere as exciting unless it's a million dollar plus supercar...very few cars can match the handling and just shear acceleration of bikes.

Jeremiah Jones and ManOfSteel like this.
  16. JV3

JV3 Member

no seat belt, no airbags, no metal cage to keep you safe. also, can't fake riding skills no matter how much you spend a slow rider will still be slow in the twisties...i think a bike is the purest form of all of motorsports.

ManOfSteel likes this.
  17. Black5

Black5 Member

I used to have sports cars.
    I had a couple crotch rockets.
    I've set C-4 charges wrapped with Detcord.
    I've pulled live rounds from a hot cannon breech that was hung partially open.
    I've caught a WP round slid from a 4.2 mortar tube after a misfire.

Now if I want to thumb my nose at death I tell my wife she doesn't know what she's talking about.:confused:

18. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Vasectomy.

It was worth it, but having done it once I don’t know that I’d do it again.

They don’t warn you about the smoke.

And that needle full of lidocaine really makes the Valium wear off quickly.

19. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Small rant..
    I have spent the last year really trying to take better care of myself. Including i have been trying to get as many aches and pains or other medical issues examined and hopefully fixed if possible or need be.
    SO
    I was finally able to get a much needed dental surgery last week. So I have been healing up/ hurting on one side of my mouth since then. BUT of course tonight I’m brushing and flossing my teeth and a BIG filling just falls out of my mouth on the opposite the surgery side of my mouth...
    Because why not?
    The funny but not really funny part of the filling falling out is... I can clearly see why it fell out... A good dentist uses the grooves of your teeth to help wedge fillings in. If there are no grooves to use then they will carefully make some....

That said the filling fell out in one piece and it is nice and smooth and bowl shaped... IE. It stood no real chance of staying in long term. I just got it October 2018... Normally filling last on average 10 years..

Moral of the story... Smashing your jaw on a steering wheel because your vehicle is so old it only has a lap belt... Is BAD... and causes long term dental issues... Don’t get rear ended in the work truck...

20. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Use an Esee CR2.5! its a wicked little scalpel!