WTS: Source Tactical Convertube Kits

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by 5col, Jun 13, 2019.

1. 5col

5col Moderator Staff Member

Great news everyone! We just got our first batch of Convertube Kits from Source Tactical. This little kit allows you to:
    -Convert your Nalgene or other water bottle to a full-featured hydration system.
    -Lengthen the drinking tube on your existing hydration reservoir.
    -Set up an inline filter (sold separately) so that you can drink from a reservoir or bottle containing untreated water.
    -Set up a bag-to-bag or bag-to-bottle or bottle-to-bottle or bottle-to-bag filter with an inline filter (sold separately).

This is a pretty slick little setup. We've been a Source Tactical dealer for several years, but I didn't even know this existed until Scot Hill showed me his. A lot of our customers don't like hydration bladders, but do like drinking tubes. If you're one of those people, this is the kit for you.

It includes a two-stage drinking tube for short, medium, and long tube lengths. The drinking tube has Universal Quick Connect fittings that work with Source, Camelbak, and Aquamira gear (probably many others, as well). You can use those fittings to add an inline filter, Universal Tube Adapter, or Storm or Helix drinking valve.

A Source Tactical Push-Pull Valve is included with the kit. It also includes a variety of male and female adapters for use with inner and outer bottle threads. (Unfortunately, I don't think there's one that will fit a USGI canteen opening)

You can find these here on our site for $31.99. Shipping is free as always.
    https://5col.com/products/convertube-kit-military-source-tactical

[​IMG] [​IMG]

JV3, BigJake and Strigidae like this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Source products are awesome. Loved mine for Goruck events and hiking. After several events and an htl its still going strong.

JV3 and 5col like this.
  3. BigJake

BigJake Member

It won’t work with a USGI canteen, but what about the Nalgene Oasis?

JV3 and 5col like this.
  4. 5col

Sorry to say that I don't think it will. I have one of the narrow-mouth Nalgene bottles, and the threads don't match any of the adapters in the Convertube Kit.

There's a guy in the HPG owners' group that actually drilled out a cap and epoxied in a Convertube. See pic below. I'm not recommending this, nor suggesting that it's a smart idea. This is just a thing that's possible in the world.

[​IMG]

Strigidae, JV3 and BigJake like this.
  5. 5col

SavEdgeSurvive likes this.
  6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Will it fit the SADF 2 Liter canteen on the left? I got one with a busted cap and this would fix that

[​IMG]

7. 5col

I can tell you with confidence that it will not. I talked with Hayes Tooling & Plastics about making an adapter for the USGI-style canteen caps, and the upshot is that we could not sell enough canteen caps to justify the cost of manufacturing them.

That bottle looks like it takes a USGI cap. You can order replacement caps for those, and if you're feeling pretty DIY, you can hack together an adapter similar to the Nalgene Oasis adapter shown in that pic. There's a guy on the Bushcraft forum that put a few of those together for folks.

Strigidae and Bushman5 like this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

thank you Sir

5col likes this.