Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delkancott, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Marty W

Marty W Member

Just wanted to say it’s good to be back. I’ve been around a long time, way before this version of the forum was created. I’ve been away for awhile, just randomly checking in from time to time. I’m planning to start contributing more like I used to. It’s good to be back around the campfire.

2. Bozho

Bozho Member

Hello from Bulgaria!

I like knives, guns, camping, hiking, fishing - the usual stuff. A recent passion is mountain biking.

I have been reading the forum for some time and finally decided to register.

I got a 6 last week and love it!

3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Welcome to the forum! looking forward to some Bulgarian adventure pics!

Dennis Adams, Zeek and Bozho like this.
  4. Bozho

Bozho Member

Thanks! I will upload some pics from recent trips and start a thread soon :)

Strigidae, Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  5. Benson X

Benson X Member

Hell yeah, man! I'm in Olympia - shoot me a PM if you ever want to meet up and go woods'ing (I just coined that term ;))

Zeek likes this.
  6. heyBJK

heyBJK Member

I wanted to say hi and thank you for allowing me to join the forum. My name is Brian and I live in Kentucky. I'm a recently retired LEO (24 years) and a USAF veteran (Desert Storm). I'm also a bit of a knife addict. My current ESEE line-up consists of a Candiru, Izzy II, 3MIL, 6, and a Junglas. I really enjoy browsing the photos and seeing how other people use their knives. I'm looking forward to participating.

Thanks, again!

7. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Brian!

8. heyBJK

heyBJK Member

Thank you, sir!

Strigidae likes this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Welcome aboard Mate. Is that Raylan Givens in your avatar ? :D Being from Kentucky and all I guess it is ... ;)

heyBJK likes this.
  10. heyBJK

heyBJK Member

Thank you, sir! Yes, it is. One of my favorite series. I do wear the exact same hat...a modified Stetson made by the company that did his hat for the show.

11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....I enjoyed the series greatly and one of the few shows that I think actually "ran it's course" properly. Normally they try and drag themout till the last season sucks so badly you just can't watch it anymore but with that they got both the timing and (to me at least) the conclusion right. Cheers

Andy

12. heyBJK

heyBJK Member

Absolutely! I hated to see it end, but I thought it was done properly.

13. Brandon8485

Brandon8485 Member

Hey, I'm Brandon from chilliwack bc Canada. I like spending as much time in the outdoors here as I can. I bought an izula 2 a while back and let's face it...its pretty flipping awesome. Looking forward to talking and learning from you all.

Dennis Adams and C99c like this.
  14. Jeremiah Jones

Jeremiah Jones Member

Welcome

15. Kusch

Kusch Member

Hello! I'm Bruce. I live in Georgia but I live in the big city here. I don't know much about knives at all except for google searches and reading discussions.

I have a question that I can't find the answer to. Being that I live in the city and I won't be in the woods very much, should I be even considering purchasing a knife? I've seen cheaper brands that's supposed to be just as good, like the Ka-bar Becker, but I can't turn away from Esee. I don't know why, it just seems I've really settled in on the brand and won't really look elsewhere.

I'm really wanting a Izula, a 5, and a Junglas. I won't do much with them and they will likely go unused for years. Is there any reason I should purchase these? I'm looking for justification because I just want to have them.

Dennis Adams, Josh, Bushman5 and 3 others like this.
  16. Kevo

Kevo Member

Welcome aboard! You'll find no shortage of enablers here. ;)

Kusch likes this.
  17. Kusch

Kusch Member

Thanks Kevo!

Kevo likes this.
  18. Josh

Josh Member

Hi Bruce from the city in GA:

Get the knife or knives that you want and appeal to you. One way to find out if you like is is to try it. Thus far in the USA there is no prerequisite to ownership other than wanting something and purchasing. I have a bunch of knives that have not been nor will they ever be used. Knife Collecting is a hobby.

One could argue that ESEE’s are not collector type knives but that’s them. “I want one” is all the reason you need.

I got a Junglas for my birthday. I used it to cut a pineapple, a watermelon and split one log as a test. It’s freaking awesome. My wife got it for me because she knows I love knives. I am a desk jockey & work 10 to 14 hours a day. I was going to camping/hiking this year but life through me a 4 year old that I am fostering so I can’t quit work as I wanted to. I have not “needed” a knife since I got out of the NG really. But you’ll find stuff to do with them.

I use my CR2.5 all the time around the house. Have a pr4 that is awesome, and an izula. They are fun functional knives that can be handy around house.

ESEE hold their value better than most brands at this level. So you could sell them. Get one and see how it goes. After 15 or so knives you’ll be addicted.

✌️✌️

Dennis Adams and Strigidae like this.
  19. Stulanger

Stulanger Member

Hey y'all. New guy here. I'm a big fan of ESEE knives and own quite a few. Ive been working on honing my woods skills the last few years most of the time with an ESEE on my hip. I live out in the sticks so I spend quite a lot of time outdoors hunting, camping, and just woods bumming. Looking forward to learning a thing or two from the folks here.

20. Justafigment

Justafigment Member

Hey guys, just registered here, been on here for a couple years just never created an account usually just read,almost signed up during your last forum 6hm group buy.( If only it was a laser strike)lol, I know a lot of you already from Bushcraft forum, I have owned Esee’s for years, just thought I would finally sign up.

Josh, Chris Talley, Solo and 4 others like this.