Prototype Bag and Accessories from ESEE

Discussion in '5Col' started by 5col, May 15, 2019.

1. 5col

5col Moderator Staff Member

@Mike Perrin sent me this bag quite a while ago. This is a prototype for a design he's been working on. I'm not sure what ESEE's final plan is for the bag, but Mike said it's ok to tell people about and take pics. As with the Izula Range Bag, the more you dig into this bag, the more you respect the ingenuity that went into its design.

Probably a lot of us here on the forum have already seen this in action (Mike had one set up as a first aid kit last year, for instance). For those that haven't, here you go. It's not really a review; it's more of a tour.

2. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Member

Nice. I like the flexibility; more options for the end-user.

That’s why I like having the Molle webbing inside of a pack. I’d rather configure my own pouch arrangement, than use built-in pockets. (...and it doesn’t scream “tactical)”. I carry a Voodoo Tactical “Raven” for just those reasons, but I could totally dig this system.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    5col likes this.
  3. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

WOW!

5col likes this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Want.

5col likes this.
  5. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Not sure if we will ever produce this bag due to costs of being made in the USA. It's a great bag though. We keep one of them stocked with medical stuff that stays with us at classes on the farm and have a few more prototypes out with various folks in the tac med business and one with a friend with the US Marshals. We were hoping that someone in the business would pick the design up and build it since soft goods is just not our thing outside of the knife accessory stuff.

6. TuffPossumGear

TuffPossumGear Member

You could give FirstSpear a holler. Super low minimums. They are the production partners that does all of Hill People Gear's stuff. Took a factory tour a couple months ago and they are running a A+ quality facility staffed with top notch folks.

5col, Bushman5 and Mtnfolk Mike like this.
  7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

5col likes this.
  8. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Member

Very nice and well thought out bag.

5col likes this.
  9. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Thats like a dream bag for me.... endless possibilities and super modular. I love tweaking bags and reconfiguring them.

5col and Mike Smith like this.
  10. stjohn45

stjohn45 Member

I love the thought that went into this bag. Kinda reminds me of my LBT Mojo Medical bag with the hook and loop backplate. Great piece of kit! I'd be in for one if someone does pick it up and start producing them. Would make a great EDC bag or small wilderness trauma kit. But the Made in USA is a must. That's why I try to only buy Berry Compliant stuff. Occasionally, I cheat with a SAK, Mora or other imported item, but only on stuff of exceptional quality and where nothing equivalent is domestically produced.

Steve

5col likes this.