Clothing.... more importantly pants...

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by BlueDogScout, May 9, 2019.

1. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

hey everyone. So normally I wear my Duluth work pants everyday. The new meds I’m on make it so I can handle the heat less. I’m wanting to try some lightweight rip stop nylon style pants. I want green, cargo pockets, and good quality. Maybe $50-$60 a pair range. Been looking at some of the tactical pants out there but I don’t really trust reviews unless it’s from you fine folks. Thanks for the help.

2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I like kuhl if youve not looked into that company. Not very tactical but they have some light weight stuff.

BlueDogScout likes this.
  3. Rich275

Rich275 Member

I have four different pairs from Kuhl, the latest being the Revolvr Rogue. Not ripstop, but very lightweight, breathable and flexible. The ones I have are sized accurately.
    https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/
    The Konfidant Air and Kontra Air pants have multiple vents. The Kontra has a green-ish color.

If you want a bdu style and don't want to spend $$, try the ones from LA Police Gear,
    https://lapolicegear.com/brands/la-police-gear/lapg-pants-shorts.html
    I've been very happy using their Operator style pants and shorts for several years. These are a little more full cut.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I’ll check them out thank you

Strigidae likes this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

VERTX makes nice cargo pants. They are lightweight, have cargo pockets (more like cargo sleeves) , pricing is "ok"

also check out SORD AUS , they make wicked pants and they are inexpensive (even more so if you us USD exchanged to AUS)

BlueDogScout likes this.
  6. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@BlueDogScout
    If you look around you can find North face brand pants in that price range. I have I think 2 pairs and by far my favorite.
    2ndly if you have a Costco or Sams club membership I would go check out what they have. I have a number of brands I have never really heard of that where sub $20. And work great.

BlueDogScout likes this.
  7. Wolfman Zack

Wolfman Zack Member

Sound like 5.11 Taclite Pros to me.
    I’ve worn them for years, no complaints.

ChromeDome and BlueDogScout like this.
  8. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@BlueDogScout
    Dug some out and one of the brands is ZeroXposur They are a light weight semi stretchy pants that I wear regularly in the heat when I need pants. On a quality and overall rating I would give them a 7 or 8 BUT for around the $20 range they are freaking awesome!

BlueDogScout likes this.
  9. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

Rail Riders! No other pants come close! The Versa tacs if you like cargo pants. They hold up better than any other pants I’ve owned. I’m very rough on clothing so I was always looking for something that could hold up to the rigors of life. Rail Riders do!

BlueDogScout likes this.
  10. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Never heard of either but I will check them out, thanks.

No Costco but I do have a sams I’ll have to go

I looked at those but obviously the internet had mixed reviews. I’m really rough on stuff. How is the wear and tear?

Awesome thank you, yes at that price you can’t go too wrong

Another brand I’ve never heard of... off to google for me. Thanks

11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I have been wearing Taclites from 5.11 for years without issue. Spent a week in Moz chasing buff and that would have been tough on anything and they fared fine, the tan ones I wore that week were mostly black at the end of the week but washed up fine before we left that camp.

BlueDogScout and Wisdom like this.
  12. CeeFried

CeeFried Member

Happy Thirstday Bluedog hope you been well brother! Best pants EVER are the 5.11 stryke.... no OD which breaks my heart but have 1 black(never wear , 3 grey, 3 tundra(darker green) 3 ranger green and since I bought my first pair I donated al Jean's and never looking back....tons of pockets(I literally cinch the belt up and load'em up) rip stop, water repellant after a fair amount of washes not so much BUT fast trying regardless so I dont worry about if it can be brought back to life?? Knee pads pockets on the inner double knee (5.11 knee pads are worth it as the cut is ideal..price drops on Amazon sometimes like 10$ or something but the shape is good for a template for more pairs Haha! Some elastic stretch in the waist! leg pockets have divider internally! Its like I work for 5.11 but never ever got paid ha .... seriously the best all around pants I have ever had yet to completely write a pair off and bonus is when they are new they count as dress pants! Under a hundo taxes in here! Happy frieday now eh took me all the way from thirstday to write this Ha! Have the best day la Familia!!!!!!!
    -EH

BlueDogScout likes this.
  13. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

Id be cautious on Vertx. Their customer service is non-existent. I ordered two shirts from them. After one wear, the shirt buttons were coming off. I emailed them several times. Each time they ignored my email.
    Ive also had good luck with 5.11 pants. However, Rail Riders are by far better quality.

BlueDogScout likes this.
  14. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Thank you, I’m leaning that way!

Hey man! I’m doing okay. Still not over the loss of my blue dog but time is healing just slow. Hope all is well with you! Thanks for the post. I’m definitely thinking the 5.11 lol

Gotcha, thank you. I checked both out. The rail riders seem nice I just don’t want to spend that much on pants. Right now I’m trying to find something to help me in the heat. It may or may not work. $100+ is a lot to find out it doesn’t lol

15. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

Understandable on the price. They run sales often. You can typically get them for 40-80 depending on style.

BlueDogScout likes this.
  16. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

See now the lower end would be worth trying them lol I’ll keep an eye out for sales.

17. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Member

I’ve been coaching in 5.11 Taclite Pro pants for most of the year. They are roomy without looking dorky, and don’t shout “mall ninja.” I’m certainly not doing construction, but Epee blades can sure induce rips - these pants have held up.

BlueDogScout likes this.
  18. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Awesome thanks for the feedback.

19. McKROB

McKROB Member

I prefer The North Face Paramount pants, I wear them everyday and have about ten pairs of them, some of them are more than ten years old and still going strong, they are nice and light yet durable, and the legs zip off which I love.

If you want to spend a bit more, Fjallraven trekking pants are about as good as it gets, their G1000 material is bombproof and breathable, worth every penny in my opinion.

BlueDogScout likes this.
  20. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I never wear shorts so zip offs don’t make sense to me. I’ve seen nice things on the fjallraven but I have thick thighs and they appear to be skinny cut. I may be wrong.