Wallets

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Stim, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Wolfman Zack

Wolfman Zack Member

Details on this wallet?
    I really like the simple design.

Zeek likes this.
  2. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I think he split a while ago. Fallout from the 91bravo drama show.

Wolfman Zack likes this.
  3. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

He is on BCUSA, if you need to reach him I think

Wolfman Zack likes this.
  4. Wolfman Zack

Wolfman Zack Member

Ah, good to know, thanks guys.

mtngoat and Zeek like this.
  5. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Anyone else have any cool new wallets to show off. I'm in the market...rfid blocking is important but not necessary if the wallet is cool enough

@Hammer I've seen pics lately of yours that had a cool looking wallet

Zeek likes this.
  6. olderguy

olderguy Member

I've had my flipside wallet for 2 years now and love the minimalist amount of stuff I carry since I got it.Link in page 2.

Zeek and OutdoorsFamilyMan like this.
  7. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I did look at the flipside and like it a lot,especially the modular accessories but it looks so thick...I am crouching,squatting,bending and kneeling constantly for work and I think a thicker wallet might be uncomfortable for so much movement

Zeek likes this.
  8. Hammer

Hammer Member

When I first tried a 'minimalist' wallet, I was pretty skeptical it would meet my needs. But after using one for a while, I realized my perceived "needs" had simply grown up around carrying more than I really needed to. It's the old adage that, "if you have the space you will fill it," and I think that's often true for wallets as well.

The vast majority of the time, I carry a minimal amount of cash, 2 ID cards (DL and CCW), a debit card, a couple credit cards and a couple business cards. And of those things, the only items I really use on a frequent basis are the cash and debit card.

So lately I've mostly been using either an Armatus "Vita EDC" or a Trayvax "Armored Summit." I like them both for different reasons. The Trayvax is definitely the more unconventional of the two.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Things I like about the Armatus:
    • Very lightweight.
    • Holds up to 8 cards, no problem. Nothing to adjust if you carry less than that.
    • Inexpensive.
    • Cash is held reasonably well underneath the strap.
    Cons? Nothing really.

Things I like about the Trayvax:
    • It's beefy.
    • It consists of two metal plates that aren't attached to each other. When the wallet is full and the strap properly adjusted, this isn't as much of an issue as it sounds like.
    • Also holds up to 8 cards, but works best if you always carry the same stuff. If you carry less on occasion, you'll need to adjust the strap.
    • RFID block, according to the company claim. I can only assume that "blocking" is achieved by virtue of the fact that the wallet frame is steel. Not sure I'm convinced on that yet...
    • I have to be honest - I just think it looks cool.
    Cons? It's definitely heavier than the Armatus, being steel vs. kydex. Cash carried should be limited to a few bills. Some may not like the fact that it is a two piece wallet if you remove the contents, but this isn't an issue if you are merely pulling out a card in the checkout line - it all stays together just fine as long as you don't take everything out of it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Zeek and Strigidae like this.
  9. Hammer

Hammer Member

I also just got this 'Pocket Runt 2.0' from Hitch and Timber. I bought it to use more as a pocket sheath for a few EDC items, but with a card/cash slot on the back, it could also function as a minimalist wallet if you want it all in one place:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

Zeek, OutdoorsFamilyMan and Hammer like this.
  11. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Oooh Id really love that for the same function as u

12. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I contacted Hitch and Timber and asked if they had considered making a card caddy like listed above but with a slim bifold wallet on the back side. I got an almost immediate response. The gentleman said they had something similar a few years ago but it didnt do too well, he attributed it to being too bulky. He said they are actually putting something together right now that may be available in the next month or so...I was pretty excited to hear that at first...but the more I thought about it,the more I'm not sure I'd like to carry a clearly visible knife with my wallet. I dont want to pull out and show everyone I'm carrying a knife every time I use my wallet. I'd rather just be invisible and not make any ripples... I'm thinking that would be perfect for my cargo pocket though, I'm tired of everything clanging around...

Zeek and Hammer like this.
  13. olderguy

olderguy Member

Just measured mine 5/8" thick-that's just the wallet with no accessories.

14. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I am loving my Recycled Fire Fighter Captain Bifold! Link and 2 photos below from their website!

I like many things about it but what really makes the wallet for me is having a sturdy bifold with a ID viewer. I have a bad run with Bi or Tri fold wallets that have $hyhbsbdjdyyyy ID slots... I somedays have to show my ID 5-10 times and not having to take it out and remembering to put it back in is aWESOME! I can just flip it open and show it and keep going!

I will acknowledge thou that I am not 100% happy with it because it came with no way to keep the wallet folded. I HaTtETEETETRTEeeee wallets that could potentially unfold and have cards or money fall out. While the retention is great and I don’t think anything would it is to much a risk for me....
    That said I was able to fix that by sewing on a small piece of fabric at both ends of the inside and now it stay Velcro’d closed all day no problem. But not everyone has as strong of a sewing machine as I do to be able to punch through the wallet itself.

https://recycledfirefighter.com/products/the-captain-bifold?variant=41864269380

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My modifications... Velcro on each end..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Result: Stays closed, Adds nothing to overall thickness!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zeek and Hammer like this.
  15. Hammer

Hammer Member

The Trayvax pictured above and I just never found our groove, so it's up for sale and I got a Travax 'Ascent' instead. I like it a lot more.

[​IMG]

Zeek likes this.
  16. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Just got my wallet in today. Bought it from a guy on Etsy that makes them in Ukraine. He made this one in custom colors for me for the same price as his others. I got Black with some OD added in (normally they are one or the other or black and acu..I just had him use OD instead) it was $29+7shipping and he had it made within a week of ordering and shipping took a week.

Heres a few pics and features:
    Front side- has small lanyard loop so I can attach a small binder and pcord lanyard when wearing athletic clothes. Under the strap is a sleeve that will hold my esee survival card and an rfid blocking card.
    20180928_161459.jpg

Back Side-small velcro area for a patch (I need to pick up a small cool patch) also under the strap is another sleeve for rfid blocking card and any other misc things (business cards,bandaid,loyalty/punch cards)
    20180928_161506.jpg
    Inside- ID window,also holds insurance cards for all of my family-other side has 3 credit card sleeves stacked long ways so they cant slip out when the wallet is closed...also has 2 small elastic pockets for SD card or flash drive... 20180928_161515.jpg
    Im loving this wallet. The quality is excellent and with the two rfid cards in the outside slots the whole wallet is protected

Strigidae and Zeek like this.
  17. Stewart

Stewart Member

Im a sucker for Italian leather, Rod and Gun Bifold.
    20180930_143850.jpg

18. Zeek

Zeek Member

19. C99c

C99c Member

Never heard of that company, but I like the looks of their stuff. And my Magpul card holder wallet is falling apart so I've been meaning to pick up a new wallet, something nicer this time. I'll be ordering something from them soon.

Also, I'm not into expensive pens, but they offer a lever action pen for those who are.

Zeek likes this.
  20. Zeek

Zeek Member

They're a good old American small family business. That's where I like to spend my money. Only downside is they're from Alabama. :rolleyes: :D :p