Mythbusting: Bug Out Bag and Bugging Out

Discussion in 'Survival and Wilderness Skills' started by Hammer, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Bruno_GO

Bruno_GO Member

Very interesting thoughts.

2. Hammer

Hammer Member

I couldn't care one way or the other about John Lovell.

But this kind of petty squabbling is making me regret starting this thread. And linking to an outside source.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Zeek, Strigidae and Bushman5 like this.
  3. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Couldn't agree more! Real professionals don't have to prove their point with long posts and petty arguments. I'm calling cease fire on this useless debate that no one on here really cares about. If either side feels they should continue to debate their point, then take it to private messaging because no one here wants to hear such a useless debate. If you choose to continue this publicly the mods will ban you.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    stjohn45, Wose, HelRaiser and 2 others like this.
  4. David Russo

David Russo Member

It depends upon what you have cached, how you plan to bugout, how far you plan to go, what resources are there or are along the way. If, say, you have traps, netting, salt, grain and seeds stashed and you live just 10 miles from a wild herd of buffalo, and longhorns, a big lake, etc, right on the edge of the preserve, figure on using a bicycle, trailer and night vision, it's not such a far-fetched scenario. :) I"ve always thought it was funny, this concern about TP. All that's necessary is to carry a small, flat smooth stone and wash out the rag after you're done You'll be lucky to have enough food to keep on having BM's.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  5. C99c

C99c Member

I just thought that these comments, from last year, were funny considering the the TP situation earlier this year.

Mountainmistwanderer and Black5 like this.