Junglas 2 vs 6HM

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by StrawBunyan, Apr 1, 2019.

1. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

I currently EDC my 6HM. Was thinking about getting a junglas 2 (the only thing that kept me from it originally is my long standing yurn for a 6 and the fact that i LOVE the modified handle. . Really glad my wife didnt like this knife soni got to steal it from her lol. ) having said that, would i be doing myself any favors switchin to the J2 for me EDC? All my knives are users and since you cant use more than one bowie sized belt knife at a time the 6HM would go bye bye if i got the junglas 2....i know ultimately it is a personal choice but i figured id get the pros opinions.... .I really do love my 6HM... Can y'all make me a J2HM in black oxide? Lolol

2. Black5

Black5 Member

Anything over a 4 inch blade is just a desperate act of compensation.
    Ask @Bushman5 .

Just kidding. I'd really like to hear some opinions on the J2 vs 6 myself from you guys rather than you tube.

STPNWLF, Se7eN, KnOeFz and 1 other person like this.
  3. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

Lolol. This 6 has saved my butt a few times in these woods already, inhad a machete for the vines and thorns and low branches and underbrush and what not and it didnt do half the work this bad boy does lol. I agree with the youtube thing.....i cant watch another batoning, feathersticking, logging and pushcutting newspaper video or i will die. Thats why id like to hear from people who USE their knives not review them and stuff them in a drawer. If you haven't used the coating off, dont tell me how good or bad it is.

Jeremiah Jones likes this.
  4. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

What do you do for work that you EDC a 6" blade?

StrawBunyan likes this.
  5. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

Little bit of this, little bit of that, but mostly woodworking and the like. Farm stuff, work the homestead. And i use it all day, very versatile. According to jim bowie your knife must be long enough to be a sword, sharp enough to use as a razor, wide enough to use as apaddle, and heavy enough to use as a hatchet.

6. Se7eN

Se7eN Member

A 12” .25” thick Junglas would fit the bill then...oh wait. Nvm.

Bushman5 and StrawBunyan like this.
  7. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

Im heavily considering thebfull size as well

8. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

For homestead work its not a bad option. Good for about anything. An axe or a saw or a scythe would be better in some instances.

StrawBunyan and Se7eN like this.
  9. Se7eN

Se7eN Member

You’ll be hard pressed to find me out in the woods for an extended period of time without my GB American felling ax.

StrawBunyan and Strigidae like this.
  10. Strigidae

No doubt. Ive not found one tool to fill all roles. I like a saw better than an axe to be honest.

StrawBunyan likes this.
  11. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

Ive got all that stuff for sure but an ace wont cute these TN thirn vines out of my way lol or the smaller underbrush trees and stuff. My property is RAW and bushwhackmis the name of the game.. .THEN the axe and saw come out. I have a machete but i only use for hitting close tonthe ground sonindont bashbmy knife on rocks... Also, sometimes i might need a heavy chopper and not want to walk ALL the way back to the shed to grab something more suited and would rather just pull my knife off my belt. I was looking at the 2 because it seems it may be a BIT more comfortable to carry alllllll day everyday than the junglas. It might be kinda hard to sit in a truck with a 18 imch knife on my side lol. Id like to try th both but 300 bucks is an expensive test run.

Strigidae likes this.
  12. Strigidae

You might consider scout carry with a larger blade. Harder to get to and resheath but should be easier to carry. Might just mount it to a battle belt so you can rotate it.

StrawBunyan likes this.
  13. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

Horizontal scout carry junglas on a battle belt... Guaranteed to make sure nonone stands to close to you in line at the store, lol.

Bushman5 and Strigidae like this.
  14. Black5

Black5 Member

How about a baldric carry? Combine the baldric with a pouch, and you have a place for wire pliers, gloves, etc. Then over the shoulder and into the truck seat.

I fully get the thorn bush and briar issue. That's on my weekend agenda. Again.

Strigidae and StrawBunyan like this.
  15. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

had to do a quick google search to find out what that is. I like that idea a lot, could give me a lot of different options for draw. ...i just wonder if it will get in the way of my suspenders... Im a skinny dude and a belt doesnt really hold my pants up unless i super tighten it and that irritates an old broken pelvis and hip injury of mine so my belt holds mt knife and my suspenders hold my belt and pants bahaha. I tried modifications on my 6hm sheath to get it to ride on my suspenders and really liked it but injust never got it right so i stopped before i broke something

16. Black5

Black5 Member

Might tinker with mounting to a haversack at a 45* angle.

StrawBunyan likes this.
  17. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

Thats not a bad idea at all. And i bet no one calls it a man pirse with that beast attatched to it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  18. Rick R

Rick R Member

I have come to the conclusion you guys use a knife for the stuff I use an L Model walk behind Gravely tractor with a 32” bush hog attachment to cut. ;)

[​IMG]

Knifehunt, Strigidae, SCB and 2 others like this.
  19. StrawBunyan

StrawBunyan Member

LOL...if you can fit it into my forest and ridw it up and down my steep embankments and creek beds you are more than welcome to bring it over... Ill buy the gas and beer.

Bushman5 likes this.
  20. Rick R

Rick R Member

No riding, I was warned that the sulky was a good way to catch a handlebar in the dangly parts! Mine has the dual tire setup with agricultural tires. It’s a bit hilly here in Wild Wonderful West Virginia too :D

I’m thinking heavily on a Junglas for this Summer’s activities.

Bushman5 and StrawBunyan like this.