Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Ok thank you

2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

No I’m wrong.....sorry , Chris Lapp was a mountain man.......

Badger Claw Leatherworks maybe????

Dunno

Zeek and Drew RedBear like this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Lol it's fine and it's actually black bear custom sheaths.

Bushman5 likes this.
  4. Mountainmistwanderer

Mountainmistwanderer Member

There's a first time for everything. For me it's poison oak in the eyes.

Reno Lewis, Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

@ManOfSteel you alive Brother? have not heard from you in a bit.......

@McKROB you alive man? yo in for the parcel loot box....?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Zeek likes this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Has anyone ever ordered a custom benchmade from benchmade's site? if so, how long does it usually take to get? TIA

Zeek likes this.
  8. The Warrior

The Warrior Member

I've been doing the ancestry thang, and have come across some crazy shiz. William Wallace, as I was finding out, was related to me. I had it narrowed down, but realized I made some error, that I have painstakingly corrected. This stuff makes my brain spin. You'll see what I mean...

Okay, here goes. My 26th great grandfather, Adam Wallace, had a son, my 26th great uncle, Malcolm Wallace. Malcolm's son was William Wallace, my 1st cousin, 26x removed.

Crazy, but it was about to get mind blowing crazy.

John Wallace, my 19th great grandfather, had a mother and father, both with the last name of Wallace. His father's side leads to what I mentioned previously to get to William. His mother, Ellen, my 20th great grandmother, had a mother, Helen Baillie. Helen's father was William Baillie III. His wife, get this, was Elizabeth Wallace, my 23rd great grandmother, and the only child of William Wallace! William's wife, was Marion Cornelia Braidfute. She was the one that got her throat slit, portrayed in the movie Braveheart. She was only 21 when that happened, and only 18 when she and William met. Although that movie was largely historically inaccurate, that did happen. To sum it all up, Sir William Wallace is not only my 1st cousin, 26x removed on one side, he's my 24th great grandfather on the other side! Freaking me the hell out, haha

Zeek, Reno Lewis, Bushman5 and 3 others like this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

anyone heard from @ManOfSteel ??? not seen here since March 3rd.......its Mar 15th now......

Zeek likes this.
  10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

QUESTION:

if someone offered a service where they took a few people into the wilderness, in a cool vehicle (like a 6x6 Deuce), there was camping in hot tents and there was daily cast iron cooking of amazing local meats and foods, and activities like knife/ax throwing, fishing, possible hunting opportunities etc.......

would people be interested in something like this?

toying with an idea to present to a Dragons Den type of investing event..........

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    RocketmanDane and Drew RedBear like this.
  11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Depending on the cost, yeah. It sounds like a great idea

12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ Drew, would not be cheap, not up here. :p a lousy day of skiing and food and drinks at Whistler is like $500 and up <<emphasis on higher....

-----------------------------

the thief that I removed a large stanley screwdriver from as he was attempting to break into the parkade a couple nights back, was back that night (early AM) checking vehicles the next block up. Boy was he surprised to see me as he came around the corner, lifted his drug stupor head up as he bumped into me. And I was not in a good mood. Ran at him as he backed up and he dropped his backpack of drug crap, tools etc and took off panicked. Handed off the backpack to the local PD and gave them a detailed history , both in video clips from the cameras, to times etc.

this afternoon another local thief was wandering around the block, looking into cars....I walked right up to him, held my hand out grabbed his hand and said HI THIEF! You planning to break into vehicles here today? I wouldn't advise it! Have a great day" . Kept my grip on his hand to the point where his knuckles popped and he gasped. He buggered off down a lane.

getting to the point where the residents have to be up and on the streets and lanes 24/7, just to keep reminding these POS they are not welcome here. The legal system is useless. Completely and utterly useless and non effective. No offense to the Police Officers here, but when you arrest B&E thieves and then let them go on the spot or an hour later....it does nothing to prevent or deter them from committing more crimes. They only understand street / prison justice.

ugh...fed up. :mad:

Drew RedBear and RocketmanDane like this.
  13. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Bushman5 that is def a idea that would interest me. I would be concerned on your part about regulations regarding “commercial venture/ activity’s” In whatever area you chose.(meaning if you used public land) I think unfortunately you would need a piece of land that you could set it all up on. It would be cool to be picked up downtown in that type of vehicle and transported to the preset up area and then have that “nature experience” kinda like overnight boys out camp for adult city slickers :)

14. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

i hear ya, but local rafting companies use whatever rivers they like , snow cat skiing / heli co's use whatever mountains they like......etc ......I'm not sure that driving a big ol 6x6 up some logging FSR's to a cool area and camping for the night is any different. All done on Crown land.....

RocketmanDane likes this.
  15. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Yah I wasn’t sure how the whole crown land thing works.. I just know that there are so many freaking regulations with public land in the USA. Really it’s just a matter of getting a permit thou. Its just something to think about.

16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

its pretty lax up here. However these companies that do stuff like that up here have high end insurance costs.......

anyone can camp/drive/4x4/6x6 etc on crown land, groups, solo, tour groups etc....there are restrictions like, no wheeling on tree planted cutblocks or in creeks/rivers etc....but its pretty lax all round.

go camp and bring a chainsaw? perfectly ok to cut up the downed logs for firewood. Free permit for it online

17. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Really hate the bed cover on my truck... it’s supposed to be waterproof but everything is constantly wet whenever it rains.
    It’s a unfortunate necessity thou to have a locking bed cover... If it’s not tied down the local drug addicts and homeless population “goes shopping...

Bushman5 likes this.
  18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

It's about time it started warming up.
    #GETTINGOUTSOON Screenshot_20190319-084926_Chrome.jpg

Strigidae likes this.
  19. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Height Restrictions......are there for a reason in parkades. However site construction folks seem to think I will be able to “just drive in”, that little truck will fit fine

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Idiots

Drew RedBear likes this.
  20. jeeter

jeeter Member

I think it took a week and a half to get my custom Griptilian a few years back. Of course I lost the damn thing.:mad:

Drew RedBear likes this.