ESEE videos discussion thread

Discussion in 'ESEE / RAT Videos' started by Strigidae, Feb 11, 2018.

1. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

I will make SURE I suggest this one to Patrick....I will be happy to film it!

2. shaneadams90

This is my idea of immersion skills.....I call them anti-immersion skills.....

Field Survival
    Dec 2015
    25*

it would be like trying to get a cat into a pale of water ain't NO WAY I'm getting into that water!

5.jpg

3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I invite you up to BC Canada....Rubble Creek , near Whistler...........brutal cold winds coming down the mountain, along the creek......brutal cold near ice conditions in the creek.

we build a massive bonfire at the new camp i found, lots of room for 4 - 6 tents, vehicles etc. Easy access for EMT Units if **** goes south. Nearby Hospital.

someone jumps into the creek fully clothed, with backpack etc.....gets out. Challenge is to get dry and warm FAST. Gross motor control skills , fire starting/firewood gathering......

http://www.shipwrite.bc.ca/Chilling_truth.htm

http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/coastal_communities/hypothermia#alcohol

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

5. Strigidae

I for one will be ordering one for each HM.

The Marsh Gorilla and mtngoat like this.
  6. Strigidae

7. ozbushy

ozbushy Member

Water procurment and treatment types for a range of environments with normal and improvised equipment

The Warrior likes this.
  8. Stone

Stone Member

I work mainly with Camtasia for Mac,
    but can also provide Final Cut Pro X pp editing
    (in autumn; tied up in my work for now).

I can also hook you up with one of the top electronic music composers on Earth. Just LMK.
    _____

Is it OK if regular members with no particular connection to the company (other than this forum) post vids of ESEE blades?

I'm working on a few, though so far, the blades play only cameo roles. o_O
    But some dedicated ones are planned. :confused:

shaneadams90 likes this.
  9. Strigidae

See thread "Forum member videos" Mr Stone. Of course forum rules apply to videos as well... have to say it. Look forward to what you come up with.

shaneadams90 and Stone like this.
  10. Stone

Stone Member

Excellent. Thanks. :)

Will check that thread ... after work. I'm in the studio today (started Tuesday) editing a 20-min video for my associates and clients. I hope very soon to be able to produce one lauding my ESEE gear, especially the ones in my top 9 blades (see sig line), but also including my AH-1, which will find a new use with my slingshots. (Can you say, "whisker biscuit"? o_O )

Bushman5, shaneadams90 and Zeek like this.
  11. Strigidae

shaneadams90 likes this.
  12. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

That's the 1.8, the 1.1 without the bail will fit inside it.

shaneadams90 and Strigidae like this.
  13. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Serious question: Why the fascination with a Mors pot? Won't any old pot work? I look at this sort of like an ESEE knife. Just about any decent knife from a good manufacturer will do, so is it just a brand thing with the Mors pot? There are plenty of similar pots on the internet made out of Aluminum and Titanium, so I guess I'm just wondering what the draw is to a Mors pot.

mtngoat and Strigidae like this.
  14. Strigidae

I cant speak for everyone but the draw is the made in the usa portion and that they get a good review from experts like Patrick.

Hoover77 and mtngoat like this.
  15. Jeff Randall

So, is a Mors pot a brand or a style?

mtngoat likes this.
  16. Jeff Randall

Again, not trying to be "that guy" but when you review a pot are you reviewing how well it boils water as compared to other pots. I guess I'm just not getting the fascination over a cooking pot with the Mors name compared to similar pots that will do the same exact thing. The same as I don't get the fascination over an ESEE knife as compared to other brands that will do the exact same thing, or sometimes even better.

Strigidae and mtngoat like this.
  17. shaneadams90

I agree with @mtngoat .... @Patrick Rollins couldn't remember at the time of filming but based on size I'd have to guess it was the larger of the two.

Something I've noticed is that many are looking for the "Perfect Pot" about like they do the perfect pack or perfect knife. Many pots have a bail, or the folding handle, but now many check all the boxes. Mors pot checks those desirable boxes, not to mention that it has Mors name on it....Truthfully you could probably put out a "Mors fake dog turd" and it would sell in certain communities...I do know that the bail and folding handles check a lot of boxes for many people.

Strigidae and mtngoat like this.
  18. Jeff Randall

Reviews are always subjective. There is a lot of gear I like better than other gear but many times it’s because I have not tried a comparative model and what I’m reviewing is just what I’ve been using and like…for now. Other times it’s because I have tried other models and found something easier or built more to my way of doing things which makes it my favorite device. So, when it comes to a pot I guess I’m just not experienced enough with Billy Cans to know why one particular pot is better than another, or even why someone would like pot A over pot B with all things being equal. I get it when we’re talking about an axe, car, gun, etc. because all of those require the user to have a certain economy of motion to make them perform efficiently, thus it depends on how someone works or uses the device as to what works best for them. But a pot?

Strigidae, mtngoat and shaneadams90 like this.
  19. Hammer

Hammer Member

There's some definite truth to that.

But then again, I don't think I've ever given a "bush pot" as much consideration as some people do. I usually have some sort of multi-tool (even if it's just a Squirt) with me in the backcountry that has pliers for grabbing hot things, and I rarely bother with building elaborate suspension contraptions for hanging a pot over a fire. I guess if I was more into those things, the finer details of a pot might matter to me more. As is, I have used the hell out of a Vargo BOT and a few different Toaks Ti pots and they all held liquids and boiled stuff and held up to fires just fine.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  20. Strigidae

When there is a dizzying array of options i will do some research and find out what the people i trust are using. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesnt but it sure beats trying them all.

As far as Mors name it does lend an aura to a product or a subtle guarantee it will be superior to others and something you can rely on. My experience is any pot will work but i have fond memories and experiences using a 4dog/Mors pot at a lot of classes and woods trips. All pots boil water. Im not after that. Im after a sense of security and reliance that it will operate in all circumstances.

And that old woodchuck that sells them is fascinating to me.

mtngoat likes this.