Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jeeter

jeeter Member

Of course! How could I forget the alcohol?

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  2. Zeek

Zeek Member

For some reason this makes me remember watching my cousin 'wash' his arms with gasoline after getting into some poison ivy. This was probably back in the late 1970s... IDK was it still mostly leaded at that time???

3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

huge shut out to my new friend Hamid , who runs Donair Spot on Broadway st , near Cambie st , vancouver BC.

hamids.png

thoroughly enjoyed the conversations about our different countries and current events. The food was the icing on the cake. Incredibly fresh and just bursting with flavors.

food brings everyone together. :cool:

4. C99c

C99c Member

Karma= When the co-worker who always bags on millenials for being worthless and lazy, but himself is lazy and always borrowing money from family members (he's early 40s) for stuff like atvs and lift kits (because the gofundme he started for the lift for the truck he couldn't afford in the first place got spammed so bad he had to remove it) has to bum rides in with millenial co-workers because his family finally cut him off and his brodozer is broken.

Double Karma= His wife kicked him out because that vasectomy he told her he got years ago didn't happen and he knocked up some nasty chick. And the wife is now dating a .... millenial.

On a related note, when another co-worker heard his story, she mouthed the word "karma" and guy thought that she was suggesting baby names. And liked it.

5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I hate the dentist...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Bushman5 likes this.
  6. jeeter

jeeter Member

I'm Catholic, and Karma's more of a Buddhist thing. I prefer to think of it as "payback is a medevac."

7. jeeter

jeeter Member

double post.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  8. Benson X

Benson X Member

I love Gyros!

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Bushy, the problem with sending free stuff to most third world countries is that it is never free at the other end. In the case of the Chinese pushbikes someone still needs to pay the shipping and then there will be a scam along the way where someone will collect a few hundred of those charity bikes and drive them out into the weeds and start selling them for a profit. I saw it in Africa, clothing that has been donated by various charities (shoes in particular) being sold in the market place. Such is the way of such places.

Oh and in Africa, Indian made pushbikes and Chinese motorcycles are already pretty cheap, though often not practical as walking in some areas though.....

[​IMG]

...oh and I have never seen so many people fall of motorcycles as I have in a day in Mozambique.....I stopped counting at 21 as we drove inland.... it seems they are unable to pass an oncoming vehicle or be overtaken (not manace or BS on our part) without slowing down so much and drifting off the "road" before gently falling to the ground (none were spectacular accidents, all were almost at stopped speeds....it was like they just kept forgetting to put a leg down as they slowed.....)

The Marsh Gorilla and Bushman5 like this.
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

yea i know there is major logistical headaches.........but looking at the sheer amount of waste bikes (new even! ) piled up in china....why NOT do something with them.

12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Oh mate I don't dispute that at all, it is a huge waste, but it begs the question, who pays to sort the good from bad, pack them up and ship them, how then do you distribute them to "the needy" without that process being hijacked.... you get what I am saying, the reality is that I imagine the cost of manufacture in China is actually less than what it would cost to shop them into a location that *may* have some use for them, the cost of scrapping them is probably less again.......but don't think for a moment I dispute the waste of it, or that they have a better use, just that there are too many costs, hurdles and lack of will for it to happen.

When a couple of the share bike companies folded here in Sydney this year any "user" who had been on their system were invited to come collect a bike for $5ea or sum such shyte, they still could not get rid of them. Many local Govt areas here have hundreds of them impounded as they were abandoned and dumped and thrown up trees etc, the fines for the companies exceed the value of the bike.....so there they sit.

13. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

2 pounds of bacon and just enough eggs to make it look like eggs and bacon equals very yummy. :)

Zeek, C99c and Bushman5 like this.
  14. C99c

C99c Member

A couple of weeks ago I did my longest fast (water and black coffee only) yet at just shy of 120 hrs, culminating with a ten mile cross country style race.

My first meal afterwards was a big ribeye, a pound of thick cut bacon and half a dozen eggs.

15. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

but why? (120 hours with no bacon/coffee/life nutrients) >????? you gone Loco?

o_O

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  16. C99c

C99c Member

Life nutrients? Wtf.
    Had coffee and water. That's the longest one I've done, but I've gone 3-4 days a lot. I do at least one or two 24hr fasts a week generally. It's not hard and there are really no negatives to them.

I won't go too deep into why I do them because I don't want to be like the crossfitting vegan joke, but I benefit from fasts both mentally and physically just as many have done throughout history.

The Marsh Gorilla and Strigidae like this.
  17. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

ah i know Brother.....i'm just having some fun . ;)

I go completely loco with no coffee after 24 hours......

i can give up food , bacon, sleep, but god help me when I go without locally roasted dark roast coffee.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  18. jeeter

jeeter Member

You can give up bacon? Wow. I'm not sure I could.

Zeek likes this.
  19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I eat this after a night shift and getting home at 7am :cool:

20. C99c

C99c Member

Funny thing is one of the guys I'm hanging out with a lot lately is 57. Retired from sitting at a desk everyday for thirty plus years. In the last few years he has gone through a divorce and a heart attack. His ex was always into fad diets and basically he just ate what she ate. He says that he was lucky to eat bacon once a month the entire time he was married. Had a steak on his birthday and special occasions only. Was on a ton of meds and really not healthy pre heart attack.

Post divorce/heart attack he told the doctors to keep the meds, we've introduced him to daily bacon as a food group, steak nearly daily, got him in the gym and out enjoying life. He's a beast now. Always smiling, says old friends don't recognize him.

Of the six of us that did the little 10 mile fasting fun run recently, he came in third. He was the oldest runner by fifteen years.

Summary? Bacon is good.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018