recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Got a new Savage 220 coming as well as a Nikon P3 2-7x scope, a one piece mount, and a pic rail for it. All I need now is a sling. Also grabbed 5 boxes of ammo.

IW17, Strigidae and Zeek like this.
  2. IW17

IW17 Member

Is jersey a slug gun state? I want a 220 bad. I should have picked one up ten years ago when they were $250 all day long.

Zeek likes this.
  3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Yea unfortunately. We can use muzzle loader or shotguns and only for certain dates. I want to use my 45-70 but obviously can’t, and buckshot sucks IMO.

Zeek likes this.
  4. IW17

IW17 Member

See, we just changed in ohio to legalizing pistol caliber/straight wall cartridges. Buckshot has been illegal here as long as I can remember. Which I'm fine with. Buckshot is responsible for more wound loses than just about everything other means used.

On the straight wall subject, while I like that the law changed, it's drove the price of lever guns and pistol caliber bolt actions through the damn roof. One more thing I wish I would have jumped on when the prices were still reasonable.

ManOfSteel and Zeek like this.
  5. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

Handgun hunting??

Zeek likes this.
  6. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I heard about the straight wall thing. That’s a great victory. I want @Bcamos to buy a .44mag 1894SBL lever gun so I can trade him my .45-70 1895SBL. We are allowed to use buckshot here and it really isn’t cool unless you have a deer running by you at less than 40yds IMO.

This 220 with the proper load will get me all the way out to 200yds, which is plenty for me. The .58 caliber slug puts the smack down on them for sure.

IW17 likes this.
  7. IW17

IW17 Member

No doubt. With the advancements in slugs that gun is a legit 200 yard tack driver.

Handgun hunting has been legal for a long time. Ohio legalized rifles that shoot straight walled cartridges, aka "pistol caliber". Basically 357, 44, 45-70, etc.

STPNWLF and ManOfSteel like this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

did 12 hours of overtime last week. ( truckers here in BC Canada), get paid overtime (time and a half) after 9 hours, compared to regular people who get it after 8 hours :mad:) did 57 hours total. So dog tired i did not even finish the lean to in Pemberton when i went up there. ......

lots of OT, so treated myself. Picking this up from Christina and family at Warriors & Wonders (BladesCanada) Thursday or Friday.

got the new TOPS KNIVES OPERATOR 7 BlackOut Edition (just released! a design by LEO Espinoza (one of my favorite knife designers).

Specs:

Knife Type Fixed Blade
    Overall Length 12.50"
    Blade Length 7.25"
    Cutting Edge 6.50"
    Blade Thickness 0.310" (5/16")
    Blade Steel 1075 RC 56-58
    Blade Finish Black Traction Coating
    Handle Material Black Canvas Micarta/Black G10
    Knife Weight 18.9oz
    Weight w/ Sheath 24.5
    Sheath Included Yes
    Sheath Material Black Kydex
    Sheath Clip Rotating Spring Steel <<<<<<(one of my favorite sheath designs ever. I wish ALL my knives had a sheath like this)
    Designer Leo Espinoza

operator7be-0m.jpg

operator7be-8.jpg operator7be-9.jpg operator7be-10.jpg operator7be-11.jpg operator7be-14.jpg operator7be-15.jpg

Poor Mans Busse ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  9. Benson X

Benson X Member

Oooooh, yeah! That's a mean looking muphucka!!! Love those scales!

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  10. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Nikon Prostaff P3 shotgun going on the 220 this weekend. The glass seems to be high quality with great clarity and light transmission.

999005C1-7D3E-4B19-AB82-D4C3AF7AF38B.jpeg

Hammer, JohnGer, JV3 and 4 others like this.
  11. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Nikon makes very nice lenses.....not only for scopes, binoculars, cameras etc, but also microscopes and medical internal scopes

12. Zeek

Zeek Member

MTM shotgun shell cases for battery storage.
    20181129_172522.jpg
    2018-11-29 18.13.44.jpg

13. JV3

JV3 Member

i hope it's stored well away from real ammo...hate to see you try to load them in an emergency and go wtf?! :p

Bushman5 and Zeek like this.
  14. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

Would blind them!

15. JV3

JV3 Member

light of mass destruction.

Delkancott and Zeek like this.
  16. CeeFried

CeeFried Member

Mtm are of good quality from my experience and NEVER considered a battery storage...Any round size recommendation for 18650's ...2..123's works but the mah just isn't the same! Love me some 18650s for charge or discharge to charge let alone all my few (many) shhhhh... torches and goodies that the misses has only few knowledge of Haha got to have one of everyone and the ones I love....3 lol! Back to the thread so not a hijack completely ..... recent purchases of many this may read as a song ...multiple Daka or varying sizes and colors(earth tones) , 8 Milspec monkey/ tactical tailor bottle corsets(6 multicam, 2 ranger green(sadly sans Od they are) 5 Mtm cases and containers of no less of a size of a large ammo can to largest Acr8a or something i dont know I I dont read well Amazon just click and see and keep or return free...kept all Haha! 2 more plano totes the big suckers..Everlestock halftrack on route... not the most excited for unicam but the deal was unbelievable got 2 liter pouches and a Binch of other things cause the shipping is HUGE plus taxes and duties but all that for pretty much original price of any other color! CYALUMES green/red 40 green 80 red! Rescueme window breaker/seat belt cutter to have at every exit of Jeep and more to hand our to as many as I can over the holidays! LOWA Gtx on order to turn currents ones into winters ! UN blue Scepters...2x10l to add to my 10l and 20l un blues also 2 gas and 1 diesel 20l and extra 10lgas with far more in the plans far more but need a breath....oh Bill's paid food restocked and items and things for the family no toys and junk but well thought out things...ok break someone else go I need some water... Hapy Thirstday Brothers and Sister HAPPY THIRSTDAY To everyone of Youse :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Zeek likes this.
  17. CeeFried

CeeFried Member

☝️my advice the message above ... wow that took up the whole page.. my advice skip it the read isn't worth it Booooo Cfried hahahah

ManOfSteel, Dagwood and Zeek like this.
  18. Zeek

Zeek Member

These boxes should fit 186050s. They are 65.2mm long correct? That's only 2.57 inches and these boxes fit up to 3" shotgun shells.

19. Zeek

Zeek Member

Probably need some pics. ;)

20. IW17

IW17 Member

Zeek and ManOfSteel like this.