PCCs

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Hammer, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Hammer

Hammer Member

I must be taking crazy pills, but I'm seriously thinking about a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 G2 in 9mm. And yeah, I'm aware of Kel-Tec's spotty history on quality control. I wish someone made something comparable that takes S&W mags and doesn't cost $1500, but it seems like Kel-Tec kinda owns this niche right now, and the reviews on the Gen 2 are mostly favorable. There are just a lot of things about the concept that I really like, and I'm fully willing to accept the limitations that go along with a PCC, in order to have something very lightweight, packable and that uses a platform that I'm already dedicated to on my pistols.

Anyway, I thought it might be good to have a thread to share PCC info in general, so have at it...;)

HelRaiser, The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  2. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

I hear good things about them.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  3. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I have several. Beretta cx4, marlin 1894c and a H&R .44 mag trapper. Used to have a win 94 .44 mag trapper.

I bought a beretta 92fs and then a week later my dealer called me. He said my cx4 was here. I don’t recall committing to ordering it but I do not regret it one bit. Great rifle. This one was owned by the St. Louis police. The newer models are nicer. I added a vortex sparc 2 recently.
    [​IMG]

The marlin 1894c is a powerhouse. I can’t preach the virtues of the .357 mag in a rifle. It’ll almost do what the .30-30 does under 150 yards.

4. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

5. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

6. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Man I have a buddy that is a gen-U-wine gun nut and gun snob....He has several of those guns and swears by them.

The Marsh Gorilla and Hammer like this.
  7. JV3

JV3 Member

i have the kel-tec sub 2000 (glock 17 mag version) and the beretta cx-4 storm...beretta has a noticeable higher quality build but i just like shooting the kel-tec more...much lighter weight and compact especially for transporting. also, i don’t know why but it’s more fun to shoot.

8. Buddlee

Buddlee Bottom Feeding Spammer

Love this
    [​IMG]

9. Hammer

Hammer Member

Thanks - that's consistent with other things I've heard. For the price, for the packability and for the fact that I'm not having to invest in a new platform, it seems like a great deal.

Zeek, HelRaiser, JV3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Hammer

Hammer Member

Finally came across a killer deal on a new Gen 2 Sub 2K that takes S&W mags and I couldn't say no. Enough of a good deal to allow me to spring for some of the add-ons I knew I'd want right off the bat.

[​IMG]

M*Carbo Recoilless Charging Handle and Bolt Tube Cover went on right away, along with a MagPul AFG-2 foregrip and Streamlight TRL-1 HD.

Given a lot of the reviews, I had low expectations of the stock trigger quality, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Not excellent by any means, but not so bad. I don't know if Kel-Tec has recently made some improvements to this, but it was nowhere near as mushy and gritty as what I was expecting. Still, I want to lighten the springs up a few pounds, and I want an alloy trigger and trigger guard rather than the stock plastic, so the M*Carbo Trigger Bundle is inbound.

It's also getting a 32-round mag and a UTG Red/Green Dot Sight with a quick-release mount.

Put 100 rounds through it this afternoon and this thing is seriously fun to shoot. I was making kill shots at 50-yards on my first session, without even really trying. And that was with iron sights unadjusted, straight out of the box. Next session I want to push the distance more and see just how far I can take this thing...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Zeek, HelRaiser, Bushman5 and 2 others like this.
  11. Hammer

Hammer Member

M*Carbo trigger spring upgrade, alloy flat trigger and alloy trigger guard installed. Trigger is definitely a few pounds lighter which is nice, but also much more crisp on the uptake and reset as well.

UTG 4.2" Red/Green sight is pretty impressive for the price. Very solid feeling, adjustable reticle, quick-draw attachment is adjustable and secure. The rear iron sight on the Sub 2k is a little too short, so this is a big help. I figured for the price, what the hell - I'll use it till it implodes and then upgrade. Though I've heard stories of people putting these through a fair bit of abuse and holding up well. We'll see...

32-round S&W mag arrived as well.

[​IMG]

Zeek, Strigidae, Rick R and 5 others like this.
  12. Hammer

Hammer Member

Rather than buying some "covert" bag from various tactical manufacturers, I thought I'd play around this afternoon with a few bags I already have that would offer low-pro ways to carry the Sub 2K:

Dug this Black Diamond day pack out of the crawlspace that I haven't used much in years, and it fits the Sub 2K well:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And the Patagonia messenger bag I have turned out to be an excellent option. Fits the Sub2K perfectly (even in the laptop sleeve if I want) and plenty of pockets that fit spare mags and my red dot perfectly. Best thing is I could carry that bag anywhere, and no one would suspect I was anything other than your average mountain town yuppie on his way to the over-priced coffee shop...:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It also fits perfectly inside the HPG Tarahumara pack:

[​IMG]

ChristopherRC, Zeek, C99c and 3 others like this.
  13. stickman

stickman Member

PWS 9mm "pistol" which uses Glock magazines.

The fun factor is high, and the two main changes I see coming are the backend and trigger. Not the the trigger is bad currently, but I have a few nicer triggers I want to try out in it.

[​IMG]

Zeek, Rick R, Bushman5 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Hammer

Hammer Member

Sweet. Keep us posted on the upgrades.

15. Buckeye67

Buckeye67 Member

I got my low mount for the MRO in, and got it mounted up on the Scorpion. It seems to like the Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ loads. I had previously sighted in the iron sights, and it just took a small adjustment to get the MRo dialed in at 25 yards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Strigidae, JV3, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  16. Hammer

Hammer Member

Put another 100 rounds through the Sub 2K this afternoon. Mixed FMJs, all without a hiccup. This is the first time I've shot it since overhauling the trigger/springs, adding the recoil buffer, lower profile flip-up rear sight, muzzle brake and red dot. It all worked great. The M*Carbo trigger is sooo much better than the stock trigger. And the red dot was perfectly co-witnessed and nailing it at 25 -50 yards without any additional adjustment needed.

[​IMG]

Strigidae, koolaidnd, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  17. MKZ

MKZ Member

ADF9DFF7-ADAF-4FD2-89F7-519ED301B25E.jpeg

JV3 and Strigidae like this.
  18. Hammer

Hammer Member

Zeek likes this.
  19. Hammer

Hammer Member

Converted the Sub 2K to accept Sig P226 mags, added a polished stainless feed ramp and an extended mag release.

It also got the 'black and tan 'treatment...

[​IMG]

400 rounds through it so far, without a single issue and a bare minimum of a cleaning.

Zeek, Datilite, JV3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Hammer

Hammer Member

Comparo of the KT Sub 2K and the Ruger PC9:

JV3 and Zeek like this.