Long range rifles

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by ManOfSteel, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Thank you! I hope it becomes more consistent with the new stock. I'm pretty excited to see what this chassis system has to offer.

Ballenxj, Zeek and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  2. ny700

ny700 Member

KRG stuff is good stuff. Realistically it probably won’t help the inherent accuracy of your rifle as it’s already shooting very well, but the significant increase in ergonomics and the ability to get a better more consistent cheekweld and eye relief will probably help a measurable amount with consistency. It’s probably the best bang for the buck right now on the market and it comes at a reasonable weight unlike a lot of other chassis out there

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  3. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Yeah I don't expect to get better than the 1/4" I already have. But there's definitely some consistency issues that I assume are mostly due to flex in the stock, poor factory bedding and location of my trigger finger. When Kyle and I were shooting out to 550, all of my hits seemed to be slightly right. I'm not sure if this was due to wind, but I've read that poor trigger pull (not pulling straight back) can lead to POI shifts towards the right of your POA. Apparently the more straight up and down grip style helps with being able to pull the trigger straight back. Of course that's all speculation and my biggest reason for wanting the Bravo is because it's just cool as hell.

Zeek and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

@Bcamos you are all ate up with the pr game. Nice! Its great fun!

5. ny700

ny700 Member

He is absolutely hooked!
    KRG stuff is top notch it’s a solid choice for sure

6. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

The bolt knob cover, hook cover and mag release extension showed up yesterday from KRG. They were 5-7 days behind on shipping chassis orders so the Bravo just shipped today. Thanks to the amazing FedEx I get to wait another 7 days before they get it to me.

74724211-3031-47DE-984C-3AF6E5F4D25F.jpeg

STPNWLF and Zeek like this.
  7. ny700

ny700 Member

Hook cover?

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  8. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

The stock comes as configured with the piece circled in red. You can remove it for a “hooked” buttstock but you’re left with a cavity there. They sell a cover so that it looks seamless. For $9 it should honestly just come with the stock, and I’m not sure which way I’ll prefer it so I ordered it just in case.

443CDEA0-226B-46E7-829E-846EDBD6C16B.jpeg
    FE733574-027F-4695-B414-0217F0BEA557.jpeg

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and Ballenxj like this.
  9. ny700

ny700 Member

I agree with you. For the price of the stock it should absolutely come with it!

If your utilizing a solid rear rest it would be worth it. If your using a lose rear bag you will probably like the hook so you can get your off hand in there

10. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

That was my thought as well, and I do use a rear bag. Honestly, after looking at the texture and color of the polymer, I'd be really really really surprised if Magpul isn't the one doing their manufacturing for them. It would explain why the two stocks are similar in style and why the new Magpul pro chassis kind of looks like KRG's other offerings.

11. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

12. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Oh baby....

3BF60D48-67BD-4959-AFA4-BC9DE8AA0F75.jpeg

13. Zeek

Zeek Member

14. ny700

ny700 Member

The grip angle and width remind me of my Sako TRG your gonna like it. Just ride your thumb on the right instead of gripping it. It will help consistency on trigger pull if your not already

15. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I think KRG started as a company by making accessories for the TRG. So a lot of their stocks and accessories have some design similarities with the TRG. I love the grip angle on this thing, it places my trigger finger exactly where it needs to be. I thought the added width of the grip was going to be an issue, but it just reminds me to stick my thumb up on the tang. The weight is just about perfect. There are a few things here and there and kind of bug me, but for an entry level chassis system, I can ignore them. It's mostly imperfections with the polymer, so I understand that's kind of hard to avoid. The beauty of this is that one day, KRG is going to start selling their chassis systems in "pieces" and they all share the same common aluminum core. So if I ever wanted to , the Whiskey-3's folder rear half cant bolt right up to this.

16. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I need to tweak a few things, like LOP. But otherwise, I really like it.

C98A8835-6CB7-4BCD-B314-D1F2F5A11CC1.jpeg

17. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Just placed my order for a Borka PTL. I thought about the Wheeler fat wrench but the reviews on the Borka seem to speak for themselves.

18. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Just placed my order for a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 3-15 to replace the Burris on the R700. The Burris will either be regimes on my hunting rifle or go up for sale. I’m not sure yet.

392A479D-143E-484D-8464-14A7CC9AD042.png

The Marsh Gorilla, ny700 and Zeek like this.
  19. ny700

ny700 Member

Solid choice on the Borka and the vortex. If the wallet allows I would hold on tot he Burris. It’s a solid scope with very good glass. And you will always find a need for a scope in the future

The Marsh Gorilla and Bcamos like this.
  20. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

I agree, the Burris definitely isn't a bad optic. I just want to get away from the BDC type reticle on this rifle. I like the magnification range and didn't want to go into something well into the 20's.

I have a feeling I'll really like the Vortex. Now I'm just worried that the Warne 30mm rings that I have won't be tall enough to work with it.