Hidden Woodsmen Haversacks

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by koolaidnd, Apr 1, 2018.

1. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

We were cluttering up another thread. Here we go, a place to discuss the Malcom’s products.

Knifehunt, HelRaiser and Hammer like this.
  2. Delkancott

Delkancott Member

How would this work as a work edc for papers, light jacket, water, lunch, crap. Big enough?

3. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

Loaded up for Easter at my parents.

[​IMG]

Silky pocketboy 170 in the hatchet loop. I’m using a paracord loop with a cord lock to keep it secure. I’m hoping to cut some branches for try sticks.
    [​IMG]

Also bought two fire bags and a signal panel. The orange is obnoxious but @Bushman5 got the last of the multicam black bags so these will do for now. Nice grab buddy. This fire bag has the signal panel, SAK trekker, bic lighter, bandana, 275 size paracord, a little flashlight and some bandaids. Nothing earth shattering in here.

In the 10 years I’ve religoiusly carried an edc bag I love never used a ferri rod, matches, space blankets or similar gear. I’m cleansing this added bulk and redundancy. An extra phone charger is far more useful.
    [​IMG]

I also have a possibles pouch. It rides in my Urban Ruck. It carries my goal zero battery pack, bandana, cables, cordage, Esee mino tin kit and bunch of excess stuff that needs cleansing.

4. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I don’t think so.

5. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I’ll take pictures of my setup tonight. I have the tinder bags, possible bags, and the haversack. On the way is the belt pouch and the survival kit bag and the day ruck. Waiting to get the signal panel and the chair.

Bushman5 likes this.
  6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Man that orange firebag really stands out.

Did you want the multicam black?

When I ordered mine the orange was out of stock

Could trade when mine arrives ;)

7. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I haven’t bought the fire bag yet... I pretty much have been ordering almost every month and collecting everything he offers lol the quality is fantastic. I would like pics of the firebag when you guys can. I think it would be useful but haven’t bit the bullet yet

Bushman5 likes this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

koolaidnd likes this.
  9. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I know my comment was more referencing the love and preference for orange lol sorry about the misunderstanding.., I do want pictures because I want to see what they are like... I’ll buy one eventually I’m sure

Bushman5 likes this.
  10. HelRaiser

HelRaiser Member

I have a love hate relationship with THW. I finally got enough spare change put aside to pick up a Haversack a few winters back, and when I went to order one, he had just gone away for the holidays. When he opened the site back up, he no longer made custom bags.

I might be nuts, but I promise I'm only lightly salted. So I just wait here twiddling my thumbs until he releases a Haversack in colors or patterns I like.

11. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

I found him after he stopped the custom stuff. I saved for a day ruck and then he was sold out. It’s frustrating but when preorder hit I signed up right away lol. He used to make a Laplander pouch and he hasn’t made them in nearly a year. He keeps telling me soon... time is relative I guess... lol I hound him relentlessly on Facebook about it lol

12. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

A saw pouch would be cool but only if it fits on the two rows of Molle on the side of the haversack.

13. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Originally when I saw it and heard of it it was on his sight under the Molle pouches. I watched an older video of his and it only had a belt loop. Every time I ask him about it I use Molle in the description I dunno. I learned of the hidden woodsman watching a video by MCQ Bushcraft from over in England. I might rewatch it but either way it should be Molle!

14. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I feel like adding a pouch that doesnt direct mount to the bag is just a redundant weight add. I guess I don’t use my saw enough to require a belt mount pouch.

15. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Can you fit a 13" MacBook Air in there?

16. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Yea I want Molle, I do have some small items in pouches inside. I wouldn’t mind having the saw on my hip but on the bag would be nice. Right now I carry it in the hatchet loop. (I’ll show that in the pictures) when I get the new ESEE carving axe I want to have the saw in a pouch lol

I’ll test it tonight when I take photos. Almost done with Easter!

17. Hammer

Hammer Member

He used to make one, and that's exactly how it was designed to attach, but I don't see it on his site anymore:

[​IMG]

Mike Smith and koolaidnd like this.
  18. Hammer

Hammer Member

Got out for a hike with the HW sack. It worked great. Even on some steep, off-trail terrain, I never thought about it at all, which is exactly what I like.

[​IMG]

Way out in the distance, you can get a glimpse of the Lemhi and Lost River Ranges, South Fork of the Snake River in the valley below:

[​IMG]

Everything I carried:

[​IMG]

Wind was cranking pretty good, so we ducked into some junipers to brew up a little coffee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Armatus sheath was perfect for attaching my knife to the shoulder strap in a good orientation:

[​IMG]

Also remembered I had one of those DLT bushcraft sheaths languishing in a box somewheres, and it was a perfect fit for the Molle loops on the side. Handy little quick access pocket for a phone, GPS, etc:

[​IMG]

All in all, I'd say it passed the 'first hike' test with flying colors. It holds more than it seems like it would and carries well. Construction is solid and fabrics stout and durable. I look forward to a lot more time in beautiful places with this bag...

Mike Smith, FN556 and koolaidnd like this.
  19. BlueDogScout

BlueDogScout Member

Back side pic? He keeps saying he will make them again

20. Hammer

Hammer Member