Upside down izula carry sheath.

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by 408shaw, Mar 27, 2018.

1. 408shaw

408shaw Member

Is there a sheath out there that would work good for upside down carry? The original worked for a while but is starting to lose its grip.

Kaw-liga and Bushman5 like this.
  2. Paul Dengel

Paul Dengel Member

How about getting a kydex sheath .

Kaw-liga and 408shaw like this.
  3. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

I have a sheath made by @Allen Morrison and I wear it almost daily. Perfect retention- holds it very securely but releases with just the right amount of force.. and his price is very reasonable.
    Here's my setup on hikes. I take the attachments off for daily EDC 20170113_162332.jpg

Kaw-liga, kyhunt, 408shaw and 4 others like this.
  4. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I’ve carried various izulas and izzula 2’s upside down for years. My factory sheaths are beat and battered. The knife wiggles but have never had one fall out.

Buy a second factory sheath if you’re worried

5. IW17

IW17 Member

This^^^^

6. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Another option is to make a lanyard out of something stretchy like shock cord and have it stretch up and hook around something on the sheath so it won't come out unintentionally

408shaw and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  7. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

Something like the Armatus Solutions (sp?) from Blade HQ would fill the bill.

8. 408shaw

408shaw Member

I've been using the factory sheath and have a few others laying around. I've had it fall out 3 times or so in the last year. I use the knife at work and it is in and out of the sheath many times a day.

9. Kaw-liga

Kaw-liga Member

I hate to hear that, very few things can get under my skin like losing one of my blades. The cheapest (and fastest) route, like others have mentioned, would likely be to buy a brand new factory sheath (or an aftermarket like Armatus). I just had a sheath made for me by L.T. Wright. I can't comment on how I like it yet, it's on its way to me now. But for a 5" blade, a pancake-style sheath with a slide lock was $55, I would imagine that for a smaller knife it would be less. Ferro rod loops, Tek-Loks, etc. can be included at additional costs (I spent $88 total which included a few extras and return shipping). They just sent me a PayPal invoice yesterday which means it should be finished and headed back to me. Turnaround time was less than 48 hours from the day that they received my knife. If you're interested here's a link to their contact page, they'll give you a price upfront: https://ltwrightknives.com/custom-kydex.html They don't drag their feet responding to inquiries, I've gotten a hold of them on multiple occasions. The only downside was having to send my knife in, but the sheath will be molded specifically to it.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  10. Fatt_tony

Fatt_tony Member

11. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

Azwelke is another good option. Top notch products, you pick the color and style and it shows up in a week or two, don't even have to send your knife in.

Kaw-liga likes this.