Fiddleback Forge Pro-Kephart

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by CWB, Feb 3, 2018.

1. CWB

CWB Member

I'm always on the search or the best all around user knife. All of my knives are users to me but if I don't intend to use them then they eventually get offred up to all of you. I can say I've handled more knives than I can even remember in this quest for that one knife to take the top spot in my collection. For me I'd take the absolute ugliest knife over the most refined finished blade out there is it feels better in the hand. This is not to say I don't like beautiful custom knives, I just love a good user way more.

Look at it like the good solid pair of boots you have. There may be fancier ones out there but you prefer to wear your go-to pair that are comfortable and just feel right.

This search is ongoing for me, but a many knives came close but all have come up short trying to take that top spot. It wasn't until reading Mistwalkers review of this knife and seeng his pics, that got me inclined to want to try one out.

So I contacted Whitty at USA Made Blades and he offered to send me the Pro-Bushfinger and the Pro-Kepart to try out and see which one I liked. Well the pro-bushfinger was immediately boxed and returned to him. Not that it was a bad knife, just too thick of a blade and too thin at the handle or scales for me.

The top knife in my collection is still the Pro-Kephart. Very light and nimble with a full and slightly square grip profile that just locks in your hand. Superb textured machined scales by Nathan the Machinist are so well done for a user knife. The S35vn steel has held an edge very well and hasn't shown any signs of rusting. The centered tip drills like a machine and makes for fine delicate carving.

I’ve had this one almost two years and there's really not one thing about this knife that I don't like, and thats a rarity for picky me. Price point is perfect as well for this quality and design. I HIGHLY recommend everyone of you have one of these in your bag or pack amd really try ot out for a few weeks to a month. Just don't be surprised when it becomes your go-to knife like mine has. I just need to order a spare now befo re they'e all gone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

LOVED my custom Kephart and always wanted to try the production version. Great write up on it

YN*Dotte, The Marsh Gorilla and CWB like this.
  3. Menace

Menace Member

Hey! I just saw these pics on my Instagram feed. Good to see you here, nice to make the connection.

CWB likes this.
  4. CWB

CWB Member

What’s your Instagram?

5. Menace

Menace Member

@big_system

6. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

Nice write up man. After having my Pro-Duke for a few days now, I'm beginning to think these blades might be some of the best out there for the price.

The Marsh Gorilla, CWB and Delkancott like this.
  7. CWB

CWB Member

I think so. I also can’t wait to get my hands on Fiddleback’s new knife line, Cummings Blade Works.

The Marsh Gorilla and Reno Lewis like this.
  8. Reno Lewis

I've been hearing about Cummings Blade Works, but I can't seem to find any info on them...?

9. CWB

CWB Member

10. CWB

CWB Member

11. Reno Lewis

Good stuff man!

I just now realized there's an actually Fiddleback subforum on BF... :oops:

I'll have to go check that out!

CWB likes this.
  12. CWB

CWB Member

Yea that’s where most guys are. The flea market and the Friday sales are there as well. I’m Bmurray if you didn’t already know.

YN*Dotte likes this.
  13. NoRest

NoRest Member

AKA "Big Deal Bob"