How to fix a stupid ******* kitchen utensil

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Bcamos, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Why I'm having to repair this thing, instead of buying another one for $4.99 is beyond me. But happy wife, less miserable...or something like that.

Here we go.

Step 1: Inspect the piece of **** to see why it broke. In this case, the ****ty Chinese JB Weld broke. Luckily, with some more epoxy, it'll just go back together.
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Mock up your pieces, make sure they go back together correctly. In this case, only fitting the handle to the "head" in the correct fashion would secure a flush connection.
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Tape the two ends together, make a reference mark so you can put them back together in the correct orientation. The tape also helps if there's any squeeze out from your goo-job.
    [​IMG]

Step 4: Cut the tape all the way around your intersection, so you're back to having two halves
    [​IMG]

Step 5: Grab your favorite goop, a goop stick and something you don't mind throwing away
    [​IMG]

Step 6: Mix the goop into a ball of stickyness. Follow the instructions on your bottle, but most are 1:1 or 2:1.
    [​IMG]

Step 7: Sploosh quite a bit on the piece that will hold it (female side of the connection) as obviously putting the goo on the other side it would just fall off. Really get a glob going in there.
    [​IMG]

Step 8: If it's something that can be clamped, definitely clamp it. If it's awkward, like this piece of ****, just sit it somewhere where the two pieces won't come apart and it won't be bumped by your kids.
    [​IMG]

Step 9: Go tell the demon her saber is finished.

2. CWB

CWB Member

I have a broken $3.00 can opener that needs repaired. can I sent it to you?

Bcamos and Zeek like this.