recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. JV3

JV3 Member

box o' goodies from kifaru :D finally, the two things i've been waiting for kifaru to make for years...lost park parka full zip and the hood is non-removable which is a must for me.

[​IMG]

my favorite feature over my patagonia down jackets is the kangaroo pouch inside the side pockets - i can put a flashlight or something in there and no risk of falling out.

[​IMG]

aegis tarp...finally, a flat 10' x 10'.

[​IMG]

5 string stuff sack.

[​IMG]

the rest are impulse buy - their site is dangerous to my wallet :oops:

[​IMG]

climashield apex insulation woobie and doobie...the older ones had climashield combat insulation. the new insulation is supposed to be warmer for the same weight.

[​IMG]

new vs. old woobie...and they're putting more insulation now too. i don't have my old doobie anymore (got rid of it because the multicam side felt weird against my skin) to compare the size.

[​IMG]

Hammer, Zeek and ManOfSteel like this.
  2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Mail Call!

Most expensive ($150) pouch I’ve ever bought, especially after USD - CAD exchange rate and horrondous CBSA Customs duties. But the design is epic

and i got a free tube of coconut/beeswax chapstick!

15D50A07-27AD-40EC-84F9-DE5EA4288F01.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. JV3

JV3 Member

damn! it's $80 here...but it's well worth it if you end up saving a life...or even better if you never needed it.

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Member

RATS tourni/storage tube
    45º offset optic mount
    4-slot M-lok rail
    5.11 dump pouch

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Klynesquatch, Strigidae, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Local store (DS Tactical) does carry these ($120) , but only in black. I wanted this one for the L.R.R.P.R. Webbing rig

I’m going to pick up the black pouch for belt use (edc). It’s such a low profile and fast to access design.

JV3 likes this.
  6. Dagwood

Dagwood Member

7. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Dagwood likes this.
  8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

not an purchase per se, but received an investment package from a MAJOR Canadian Cannabis producer. Now that that "stuff' (Canada is the ONLY country in the world aside from Uruguay to legalize it) is legal, the market is EXPLODING.....already a 10 billion $$ industry in Canada alone, even before full on legalization. The stock market here is going crazy.

BC is the tip of the spear in the industry, and there literally thousands of companies, commercial growers, craft growers, etc here. Its insane the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ that are flooding in on the investment and stock market side of things.

BC's own sole legal distributor (The Government Of BC) is hiring workers at a starting wage of $21 an hour for the Sole Distribution center.

some of the commercial growers here , are supplying the REST OF CANADA......the money flowing in insane.

I'm taking a serious look at the investment side of things. The $$$ is surpassing defense spending......

I don't even partake the stuff.....lol

Dagwood likes this.
  9. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

Smoke it up bro...LOL

Dagwood, Boker55 and Bushman5 like this.
  10. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Had a $500 trip to Cabela’s today. Got some Simms goodies for my salmon trip this weekend amongst other things.

Zeek and Strigidae like this.
  11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

New rod and reel ready to rock

5A2A8ADB-0AB5-4AA8-9C40-AC2E661038E8.jpeg

Benson X, Hammer, Bushman5 and 5 others like this.
  12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

After pulling close to 80 hours per week the last few weeks, I upgraded my already cutting edge headlamps to bleeding edge of the spectrum.

The FENIX HP30R has a dual 18650 remote battery case, and it can also charge external devices. Has insane long run time with 2600 mAH li-ion batts, but im doubling that runtime with 2 x 3500 mAH li-ion batteries

Not cheap ($250 CAD with extra li-ion batts) .....but the remote battery case will clip onto the Molle/pals webbing on the L.R.R.P.R. webbing

4E9A48AE-00B7-4DCD-9B21-EF39E6409055.jpeg

13. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

signed up for a sign language course. And an intro course to working with developmentally delayed persons (mostly Downs Syndrome, some Autism (lower end of the spectrum) , but also head injury survivors)

Benson X, Dagwood, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  14. Hammer

Hammer Member

Fresh batch of goodies, courtesy of County Comm:

Ti key clip
    10-pack 10ml food grade vials
    Tramua shears
    UCS (Universal Cleaning Stick)
    Maratac Mil-Nato watch band

[​IMG]

Zeek and JV3 like this.
  15. JV3

JV3 Member

it's time to refresh my med supplies again...probably the only gear that makes me happy to see not used :)

leatherman raptor.

[​IMG]

countycomm compact trauma shears.

[​IMG]

the two on top is a syringe filled with celox and loose celox refill. i bought it for me just in case since i don't think i can actually stuff gauze in my own gun shot hole with my fingers without passing out. bottom three are celox-infused gauze.

[​IMG]

h&h compression and 6" israeli bandages...the israeli t3 is on backorder.

[​IMG]

chest seals.

[​IMG]

plain compressed gauze and frog tape.

[​IMG]

decompression needle and airway tube.

[​IMG]

Bushman5, Klynesquatch, Zeek and 3 others like this.
  16. JV3

JV3 Member

redoing my med pouches away from kifaru pullouts...my new system is brown = tactical = trauma kit and red = boo boo kit only.

chinookmed ifak and tourniquet pouches...i'm liking this one a lot too...it can fit almost as much as the blue force gear trauma kit now! pouch but in a more compact package.

[​IMG]

same dimensions as a 32 oz nalgene.

[​IMG]

orca tactical and voodoo tactical pouches...these are sub $20 each but i'm surprised it's high quality.

[​IMG]

molle back rip-away panel.

[​IMG]

for the curious, my bfg tkn! pouch's contents:
    section a: celox syringe and refill, hyfin compact chest seals, decompression needle, airway tube, gloves, shears, and frog tape.
    section b: 6" israeli bandage, packet of iodine, non-stick gauze.
    section c: regular compressed gauze, celox-infused gauze, and gauze sponges.

[​IMG]

chinookmed ifak pouch's contents:
    section a: regular compressed gauze.
    section b: celox-infused gauze.
    celox syringe and refill, hyfin compact chest seal, decompression needle, airway tube, gloves, shears, and frog tape.
    section c: gauze sponges and gloves.
    section d: hyfin compact chest seals, frog tape, 6" israeli bandage, and trauma shears.

[​IMG]

bfg tkn! pouch on the eberlestock halftrack - my gun backpack.

[​IMG]

chinookmed ifak pouch on the tad litespeed - my edc/truck backpack...fits either outside or inside perfectly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Benson X, Jtallen83, Flex and 4 others like this.
  17. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

18. JV3

JV3 Member

i'm liking it a lot!

there was a guy who shot himself on the leg last year drawing too fast from a holster (ironically enough he was a firearms instructor) and a guy's 1911 exploded in his hand earlier this year and i was on the port next to him (it wasn't a reload he said so not sure what caused it). luckily there were people who do this for a living present so i just watched from the sidelines.

it's even easier to access my kit now than before in case i do get thrown in the action.

edit: as a side note my go to pistols are glocks now but there's something to be said about a 1911/full metal frame. it absorbed the massive energy perfectly and the only injury was a small cut from the shell to the shooter's cheek right below his right eye that wasn't covered with eye pro...and my cousin standing behind me and him got hit with another piece of the shell on his chest (no cut or anything).

the 1911 was mangled up and his hands were untouched but i'm betting if it was a polymer framed pistol his hands would've suffered a lot of cuts too if it weren't mangled up.

19. JV3

JV3 Member

bcm complete upper - 14.5" mid-length hammer forged barrel :) will go on my bcm complete lower that i bought last year.

[​IMG]

looked like they dipped the whole thing in oil...not a single dry spot, lol.

[​IMG]

Zeek, artigas, Delkancott and 3 others like this.
  20. Jtallen83

Jtallen83 Member

Didn't really need a 5 but then what does that matter, price was right and condition was good. Even more of a beast than I had imagined!
    IMG_0863.JPG

Flex and Bushman5 like this.